MG50DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG50DFX

Purchased from: eBay

At the moment I have tried this with my mates Encore Strat, which has quite a nice biting clean tone on bridge pickup, and blues style fuzz on the neck. Generally though, I have been playing my BC Rich Mockingbird and Epiphone Les Paul on it, which sounds absolutley great. As of yet, I havn't had chance to really push the volume, but it seems to sound fine with little hum up to half.

At the moment im into ACDC and im doing covers of their songs, which it is good for... I've only been playing about 6 months but I'm a fast learner and after studying the piano for 2 years I picked it up pretty fast. I've used quite a wide range of amps, but this is the best I have used yet. I really like the overdrive on this aswell, very nice sounding and by a pickup change. Well worth getting.

I would depend on this amp, and I would use it at a gig without backup. This is quite new so it's fine, but comes with a 3 year warranty.

Has a decent number of features. There are 2 channels for clean and distortion, and sound effects settings aswell. You get a pedal with it, which means you can switch channels and turn effects on and off. As for effects, you get a chourus, flange and delay, and there is also a reverb control which sounds great.