MG50DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Marshall: MG50DFX

Purchased from: Pickers Alley

I have a Les Paul copy by Dillion with humbuckers, and it sounds nicer in every other amp I've plugged into. The cleans on this amp are terrible, it's either tinny, or very bassy. The clean channel also distorts as soon as the amp volume is turend up halfway. The distortion on this amp is very noisy when your not playing, but its has a nice distorion for classic rock/blues type playing.

Overall I must say that this amp is one of the worst amps I have ever heard, the only feature worthwhile is the overdrive channel. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy a different amp for sure, the fact that the cleans are so terrible is really what drives me away form this amp, and I can advise you nto to purchase it.

This is a solidly built amp, if not anything else, I can depend on it not to break down during a show. The rubber on the handle has started to fall apart, so it is a pain to carry around.

This amp has 2 channels, clean and overdrive, and comes with a footswitch to change them. It has an effects send and return port, it has a line in and a line out, which also works as a headphone jack. The only feature I really use are the channel switching and teh chorus effect, there is no reverb on/off on the footswithc which makes it impractical for live performances. It has a chorus/delay, just chorus, just delay, and a flange effect option, which can be turned on and off with the footswitch. I play a lot of genres of music, from jazz to metal, and it's not versatile enouhg for all of the styles I play. The fan on the back of the amp creates a lot of noise as well.