MG50DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG50DFX

Purchased from: Guitar Amp Keyboard

I use it with the bridge pickup of my legacy les paul. And it handles metalcore fine without cracking under distortion and sounds perfect clean. It's sound isnt too different between volume settings and is varied in sound I can nail a Trivium tone or a rollings stones tone and put flange chorus or delay and then reverb. Cleanly it's not too distrted at full vol but not as clarified. The distortion at full is crushing it rattlles my tv!

As I've said metal core to Indie is what I play and it handle s perfectly. I've been playing 1 year and my rig is legacy les paul and a Micro Cube, I knew what this amp had to offer me and I'd checked similar products and nothing had this value for price. If this was nicked I'd check ebay and get the police or check what the warranty enquires or get a bigger amp, perhaps a Randall? I love it's diversity and hi gain tone I love the way the delay boosts the solo and makes riff defied (delay- best) I compared it to Vox and a Randall but I could buy two marshalls for their prices. Ps I love the fact that it says Marshall in the pure white on th e front love it!

I haven't had it too long but my mate has the same amp from the same place for 1 year and has played 30+ gigs and he swears by it. I would have to depend on it as I only have a Micro Cube. I'll give it a five for having it 5 minutes(not literally) but if it's fine after 6 months I'll rereview it.

The amp was buit in 08 and is versatile enough to play any thingfrom soft jazz to crushing heavy metal. personally I play indie/altrnative and metal core. I play in d standard and it sounds briliant, anything can be acheive from sing ing harmonic structures to bowel releasing crunches.the amp has an input and head phone jack(front) and a foot switch, fx in, fx out power and loudspeaker input and bundeled with a foot Switch and fx loop switch. I wish it was light er so I could carry it to school and band practise as it weighs around 20kg ummm I can't think of any thing else I would need. I can hear it fine in my room(well Duh) I haven't takin it to practise yet but if my Micro Cube is loud enough this surely is fine. It s got 1 1*12 speaker, solid state.

fyrefish
    i just got this amp a week ago, and it is this weird problem where if you press the FDD switch or touch the power switch, the distortion channel suddenly becomes really quiet and crappy sounding, like when you partially unplug a speaker. The clean channel is unnaffected. jiggling the button brings t back...sometimes. has anyone else had this problem?
    Inferrest
    I have this amp, and i love it, the only thing i hat is it's a bit big for home use i think, my tutor has a smaller Marshall amp and at lower volumes it sounds better....but if you want the volume up way loud this is a pretty good amp, especially for the money.