MG50DFX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG50DFX

Purchased from: Music N' More

This amp suits any music style that I've tried it with so far. The variety is incredible. From the cleanest of tones to the heaviest, nastiest distortion, it can do it all. Currently, I am playing with a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR with EMG 81/89 active pickups and although it had a great sound even with my old amp, it sounds amazing through my Marshall. The clean channel has absolutely no background noise and the slight fuzz in the background of the distortion channel disappears once you start playing. The reverb sounds incredible, giving whatever your playing an awesome echoey sound. When turned up past 6, the reverb makes it sound like you're playing in a stadium. Also, if you're looking for volume, you'll find it in this amp. Cranked up to about 3 or 4, this beast shakes the floor. Althoug, it can be quiet enough to practice alone. Don't be fooled by the fact that it's only 50 watts, it blows away my friends 100 watt Line 6 and sounds better too.

I think, overall, this is a pretty perfect amp. It can suit any style at all it seems, and along with my Schecter it sounds incredible. I really have no complaints about it or any regrets in buying it before asking questions. If stolen or lost, I would do Everything in my power to get another.

I haven't had this amp long enough to determine how long it'll really last, but it seems pretty durable. It's really a solid amp. The only problem I've had so far is carrying it from place to place, but that wouldn't be difficult for anyone with muscle mass.

I love this amp. It's the first amp I've owned past the crappy Fender amp that comes with the strat squire starter kit, and It sounds amazing. I play a lot of different genres (from All That Remains to Metallica to Secondhand Serenade to Green Day to Steve Vai to Pantera) and no matter what sound I am looking for, I can Always find it almost perfectly with a little adjustment of dials. Some of the features include a footswitch for changing channels during play, although it would be nice if the footswitch turned reverb on and off (as someone else mentioned in another review.) It has four effects (I don't use them very often, but I've played around with them and I really like them): Chorus, Flanger, Chorus/Delay, and Delay. It also has a headphone jack for those midnight jam sessions when everyone else is sleeping. A cool feature is that you can plug CD players or ipods into it and play along with your favorite tracks.