MG50DFX review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 4.5 Poor
Marshall: MG50DFX

I play with a Schecter omen 6 which works great with my friends vs100 but any guitar plugged into this amp will sound equally bad I think even a les paul with seymour duncans! This doesnt't really suit my music style (honestly). I used to love Marshall amps I'm sure there are still great ones out ther but this one has put me off completley. Distortion is capable of making you feel sick it sucks so much. When it's turned up a very noticeable hum can be heard and it gets a tinny sound.

This is not a good amp if you want to play metal I would suggest Blackstar, Mesa Boogie, Randall, Orange, Line 6 and any true valve amp. This amp is great for blues on the clean channel and the effects work ok on the clean aswell, pedals would be better though. I've been playing for 3 years, enough to know what sounds good and what works well and this is not a value for money product, I would not suggest you buy this amp and if I could I would take it back and get my money back it sucks!

I will say it's very reliable never had a problem with it other than the fact that I hate it cos of it's crap sound. I'm sure this amp could take a beating and still sound as shitty as it ever did. If it ever did need servicing I'm sure it would be relativley easy to find a place that could do it for a good price.

It's a pretty new amp I guess seems quite newish maybe late early 2000's when it started to be produced. I play metal, new metal, deathcore and blues haha weird I know, this amp isnt a great amp at all I was so dissapointed when I got it I thought it was broken but I took it back and they said it was perfect. Anyway it has two footswitchable channels and 4 digital effects (which aren't that great) it's got fdd which is mediokre in my opinion. But the clean is great it's very versatile you can go from blues to a warm bright Indie kinda of ear piercing sound.