MG50FX review by Marshall

Marshall: MG50FX

This amp has an amazing sound! I have a number of guitars but the main one I play through this amp is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top with upgraded Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 'Slash' humbuckers. This amp really does scream! You don't need the volume that high in order for this amp to wail! It sounds very nice in both clean and distortion! The amp does tend to buzz a lot which is only a slight downside. I'm still searching for that Slash tone on this amp but with this not being a valve amp...this may be quite hard to find!

This is a great model amp from Marshall. I only wish I'd looked online first before purchasing this amp from a store because there is an online retailer that actually give you the 4 way footswitch with the amp, and not the standard 2 way footswitch I got with it. I think I would buy one of these again if anything happened to it. This is my first Marshall amp that I've owned and I have to say... I now know why many musicians around the world use Marshall! It really is a superb amp! If this amp just had a tube inside it much like the Vox VT range, to try and get that tube sound then it would be perfect! Overall, definitely an amp to have a look at!

I would definitely gig with this amp! It packs tons of power and sounds amazing! It is a little on the heavy side as it is a relatively large amp. This amp hasn't let me down as of yet!

I mainly play Classic rock songs through this amp. I play alot of Guns N Roses/Slash material and this is a pretty good amp to accommodate this style. It has around 4 channels and lots of effects such as tap delay, chorus, flanger and phaser. It also has an MP3 line in, headphone jack and also a footswitch jack. This amp came with a standard 2 way footswitch by Marshall but upgrading this to the digital 4 way footswitch is a good idea. I personally didn't really see the point in the 2 way footswitch. This amp packs 50watts and this is MORE than enough for gigging or playing in your room!

childofbodem
    Have you guys even tweaked the channels? I went to Rockshop (Most jizztastic shop in New Zealand), played with the settings, effects etc, then liked it so much I bought it.
    childofbodem
    guitar4eternity wrote: Maybe Marshall is losing its touch??? I have a Fender Deville Hot Rod tube amp which provides all the nice tube rock, metal, and blues distortion I need. It's simple to use and cool to look at... but it also cost $800. If you don't like it... don't buy it, or return it and get something else instead of whining about it. (Call the Wambulance much?)
    Lol, call the WWWWWAAAAAMBULANCE!!!!!