MS-2 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-2

Purchased from: Pete Wrights Music, Yeovil, Somerset, UK

I am using it with an Ibanez gsa-60 and it can achieve a fair range of sounds, from warm bluesy overdrive to ac/dc style rock, unfortunately this is mainly dependant on the volume. It suits rock music more than metal, although the metal sound is okay, the distortion is fairly weak though, so no death metal through this amp. The clean channel sounds overdriven over about 6 on the volume control, and is very quiet, full volume on the clean channel sounding like 2 or 3 on the overdriven channel.

I mostly play metal e.g Iced Earth, Judas Priest, and it doesn't really cut it with metal. I've been playing about 6 months and own the Ibanez gsa-60 mentioned and a Peavey Rage 158. This amp was nothing more and nothing less than I expected, I love the sound of it on the overdrive channel cranked up full, but I wish the clean sound was louder and it took smaller headphone jacks. Overall I am impressed with the versatilitly of this little babysized amp.

It has nevr broken down, but I have only had it a month or so and bought it new. I would trust the quality in a gig, if it was just a tad more powerful that 1 watt.

This micro amp is battery powered, 2 channel (clean and overdrive) that switches by knob that looks like the 1 volume and 1 tone control. It has a headphone jack but it is the same size a guitar lead so not for cd player headphones without an adaptor. I bought this amp to play in my garden without getting complained at by neigbours, unless it is very windy, it is okay for this, also good for bedroom practice.