MS-2 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-2

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play an Epi Les Paul, and this Marshall is great through it. I play all styles of rock, and this Marshall is nothing but awesome for any style of it. The distortion, however, is louder than the clean channel, and the clean channel has a little distortion to it as well. Other than that, the sound quality is actually as good/better than my Epi practice amp.

I play any style of rock, (as mentioned above) and Marshall is always a great decision for any guitar player. I have been playing around 3 years, so I know what I'm talking about. If someone ever had the balls to steal this baby from me, I would shake it off and go buy another, because, quite frankly, it's cheap as hell. I love the distortion, the slightly-distorted clean, the headphone jack, the grill cloth, I love everything about this mini-amp. Compared to any other practice thingy, the Marshall MS-2 completely and utterly makes any others seem completely inferior. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Well, considering I would only use this for small things in front of family/friends, (you know, "Hey mom! Check this out, I can play the solo from "Panama"!") it is extremely reliable. The only problem I have with it is that it just drains the batteries. If you plan on buying this, you definitely will want to look into buying some high-quality 9v's because this amp just sucks the life outta those suckers.

This amp only has 1 volume and 1 tone control, but for an amp that could fit in a doll house I say that's pretty nice. It's great that it has 2 channels though. It also has a headphone jack and a 9v power supply jack, but with one of those plugged up I wouldn't have very much room to jump around and rock out like I like to do. I wish it had more tone/volume controls, but like I said its nice for a 1w amp. It really is just a practice amp, though, because it can't get any louder than filling up a small/medium room.