MS-2 review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Marshall: MS-2

Purchased from: Dawsons

I have a PRS SE and it still sounds like the Marshall version of a tin-can-telephone. But don't get me wrong, for the money and the size, so long as you can hear it, I'm satifyed. Just don't rely on good things coming in small packages. Yep, it distorts at high volumes and not in a good way, but low volume and mid tone clean sounds are actually quite pleasing. Use it for busking or pissing your parents off with loud music in the car.

I play mostly blues, and so for practising its perfect as I don't need high gain or much distortion so it works for me. If you have a traveler it would be nice to have a guitar and a teeny amp like this for the road. My overall impression is that it is very very cool because you get to carry a mini half stack but thats the main extent of its uses.

Mine crapped out. It died. something to do with the power. I won't replace it, I'll get the bigger model hoping that has a nicer tone as it has a gain control (the MS-4) or ill try one of the Fender mini amps. Definatly fun whilst it lasted. Don't expect anything serious, its basically a toy.

OK, as you can expect from an amp that costs next to nothing, and weighs this much too, the features are'nt that hot. It has two channels but based on the sound this makes, changing the channels doesnt actually do much. It has volume and tone for both OD and clean channels. It has a headphone jack and a power supply sockety thingy, but the damn DC plug isnt included. The best use I've put it too are using it in guitar lessons just so I can hear the guiitar without having to lug a Marshall AVT to all my classes, and plugging my mp3 player into it and making it loud. They say you can use it to drive an external speaker, but dont, it sounds God awful.