MS-2 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-2

Purchased from: zzsound

I usually use the little guy with my Ibanez artcore series guitar, and it's quite a nice sound. The clean channel is a bit on the quiet side, and cranking it results in some distortion. The best way to use this amp is with its overdrive setting. The MS-2 despite its size has some pretty nice crunch. Really good mid range tones. I've actually put a wah though it, and it didn't sound half bad. Despite the lack of a loud clean channel, the fuzz on this baby more than makes up for it. I would argue that trying to make it "clean" on the OD setting sounds better than the actual clean setting. The OD when on full volume sounds a bit like the softer Pearl Jam songs. I'm personally a fan of its sound, though a better clean channel would be nice.

Well, they call it a practice amp for a reason. It's small, quiet, but it has just enough power to get a nice fuzzy distortion for when you wanna rock out on your bed. I've been playing for almost three years, and I normally use my Acoustic tube amp for any jam sessions or gigs. As I've said many times, this amp is not powerful, it has little to no clean channel, and it's not the most durable substance in the world. This amp is really just for practice and/or personal enjoyment when you don't wanna shake the floor. I recommend it to any guitarist who enjoys playing for hours a day like I do. If it were stolen, and if it breaks, even more, I will definitely get a new one.

Well, it's plastic, though it can still take some abuse. About a week into it the OD channel got "lose" or something like that, and it takes some smacking to get it to work. The battery compartment is also busted and needs some gentle taps to work as well. Though I can't imagine all these little guys to be like that. And Marshall is quality stuff. I would never use it for a gig however, or most jam sessions, as it is simply not powerful enough. It also lacks a wide range of sounds. What I would recommend it more is small acoustic jams, or just some personal enjoyment for when it's quiet time in the household.

Well, it's a practice amp. The Marshall MS-2 is the perfect lounge around companion for when you don't wanna disturb the neighbors, but you still want that quality Marshall sound. This little fella comes with a volume knob, tone, and an "OD" mode. It also has a standard input jack, a headphone jack, and a place to plug in an AC adaptor. And lets not forget the staggering 1 watt of power. This amp lacks power, but it has quite an interesting sound. Enough sound versitility for you to toy around with just about any style, but not enough to gig with, or to be able to fully expirement with. It's just a practice amp after all. The 1 watt can fill a small room, but if you were planning to gig with it you would probably get drowned out. So just sit back, clip it to your belt and play for your girlfriend.

trainwreq
    you have to be ultimate in hardcore to play this amp. anyone else you better step the **** back cause itll blow your balls off. rock and ****ing roll, marshall! ps: if jack black couldnt pull this thing off, you cant so dont buy it haha
    sampz
    I got a question to ppl that have this amp. Is the headfone jack the same size as the input jack or can u just plug any headphones straight in??
    chriskent4687
    i think the best feture bout it that ive heard is that u can get another mini speaker and you can turn it into a stack!!! -chris-