MS-2 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-2

Purchased from: Rajen Music

Well I'm using a California series Strat Squire Fender with 3 single coil pickups (I'm a little low on cash). It suits my music style pretty good because I play Blink 182, Fall out Boy, Tenacious D, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, guns n roses, Jimmy Eat World with max treble and max distortion. It picks up a lot with max volume and distortion, like the crackling stuff and no sure what it's called. It doesn't have much of a variety of sounds but it's still good. The clean channel isn't very distorted at high volumes because it doesn't even go that loud but you could make a clean channel out of the overdrive by putting the volume to about 4 or 3. The distortion isn't very hardcore but it's fairly loud on that channel.

I guess I'd play mainly alternative rock I think. Well it's a good match for jus using it to practice and muck around. I've been playing for almost 2 years. I own a California series Squire guitar and a Fender Frontman 15G. that's about all. I wished I had asked for a cheaper price before I bought it. Because I've heard others get it for cheaper. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely get it again from a cheaper place. I really like the fact that it has a belt clip for it. But I jus hate the battery back bit of it. It really pisses me off for some reason. I don't really have a favourite feature. I didn't compare it to any other amp which I think I should have. The only thing I wish it came with is the mains adapter.

Yeah well as I said it uses a battery that seems like it lasts for ever so I would depend on it. I definitely wouldn't use it for a gig. The amp has never broken down and I've dropped it a couple of times from about waist height. The battery pack at the back is kind of dodgy and I can see it braking in a couple of years. The plastic seems kind of light but I guess it would have to be because you're wearing it on your waist. Well the amp is made in Korea! So I'm not sure how good the quality over there is.

The amp is pretty good for putting it on the computer desk so you can play tabs on the internet or to just muck around in a small room because I think it's the only micro-amp to have a belt clip. I play lots of music and it's not that good for clean songs. Great for distortion though. But maybe it's because I've jus got a crappy Fender Frontman 15G and a California series Squire Strat Fender guitar. It's got a headphone jack at the side of it and you can connect it to mains if you buy the cable. I'm not sure how long the battery lasts because I haven't used up the battery yet. The amp has two channels, clean and overdrive. It's got three knobs volume, Tone and a knob for switching it on to clean then overdrive. It is definitely loud enough for a room on overdrive.