MS-2 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-2

I have an Epiphone Les Paul and I am using it with this up until christmas, when I am getting a new amp. I think this would suit most styles as long as you aren't extremely fussy about tone. As I said there is a clean channel which is quite useful if you are trying to write some music and an overdrive channel that is in all fairness pretty good. The clean channel stays clean up until about 8 and then it distorts only slightly.

I play mainly blues/rock/metal and it is very good as a portable practice amp. It is a neat little gadget and very good for travelling. you could pop this in the car and practice as it also runs on batteries. If I lost it, I would by a new one, as they are pretty cheap and are very useful in a situation, like if you go on holiday. I love the fact it is so small and in spite of this, it is still very good, but it would be better if it had more tone or channel options. I think this is perfect for someone Who wants to take a portable, small but very good quality amplifier with them where ever they can take their guitar.

I would depend on this amp but no way at a gig because it is obviously far too small. It hasn't broke yet for me and I don't think it will. I have dropped it a couple of times but it seems to be OK. I think this amp is going to be fairly well used by anyone Who gets it because it can be so useful if you do a lot of travelling.

This is a very simple amplifier, having only a volume, tone and another control turning it off, on or with overdrive. It has a headphone socket and an input jack and a mains socket. It has 2 channels. It is a 2 watt amp so don't expect this to be a gigging amp in any case. It is very useful because you can carry it around easily and take it anywhere without hassle.