MS-2 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-2

Purchased from: Allegro Music

I use either my Cruiser by Crafter RG600 or Fender Sunn Mustang with the amp. I have varying musical styles, from blues to classic rock and punk and soul and so much more. For a little amp, it manages to keep up with all of these, although I doubt it would be suited to Death Metal. It can get quite noisy, if you turn the volume up, but then the small speaker distorts and doesnt't sound all that amazing, especially on the overdrive channel. If you turn the volume up past 7 0r 8 on the clean channel, the speaker distorts and sounds displeasing. The distortion isnt brutal, it's not designed for chugging out dropped tuning riffs with tons of distortion. I'm not entirely sure whther you can use pedals with it, I have never tried, as I'm worried about blowing the tiny speaker.

Overall, I like this little amp, due to the fact that it's so simple to use and easily portable, on days where I really can't be bothered to take my large amp out to relatives etc. Although the review may sound fairly negative, by no means am I saying that you shouldn't consider the amp, I'm just stating that it isnt the greatest. I've been playing for 3 years and own various bits of gear, pedals, a couple of larger amps and many guitars. This was my first amp and I think that by and large, it's a great amp for a begginer, but you can quickly out grow it. I do still use it, but only when I haven't got the energy to use the others. If it was stolen, I'd probably replace it, as it's a useful thing to have hanging around, just in case.

Its not a gigging amp, but it could manage busking, if the street wasn't very busy. You would need a spare 9V battery, just in case, but I have noticed that when my pedals leds don't light up, if I swith batteries, the led on the MS-2 lights up, thus saving me some battery money, at least for a while. Sometimes the volume cuts out, though this may be due to crappy leads. The speaker can get terribly distorted when batteries are low making it sound like a gorrillas fart.

This amp is designed simply for practicing at times when you have to keep quiet, or for travelling. You could also use it for busking I suppose, but it wouldn't be particularly loud. It has an Overdrive and Clean Channel, but after a year or so of playing through it these channels become almost indistinguishable between. It has a headphone jack, reinforcing the quiet practice idea. The control panel is simple, three knobs, volume, tone and on/off.

Realturka
    What's with all the dudes saying it's the only amp with a clip? There are tons of amps like that..
    OttovanZanten wrote: lol ,mistage , MS instead of MG ...
    Don't think too hard or you'll hurt yourself..
    TheRealTrooper
    look's like a pritty cool little amp, its the kind of thing that could make your dreams of walking round town rocking out for everyone possible
    skinar
    the best thing about this amp is that if you drop it, it becomes distorted i did that to mine and now it is most arse kicksome. got mine for 18 in mansons guitar shop in exeter. had it for ages. love it.
    Ali-b912
    lol i photo shopped it and told my friend i got a stack for my birthday. it sounds really good considering its so small. i sort of like it better then my frontman. i wish it had EQ but what can you do?
    AaROn!
    gorecore=me
    AaROn! wrote: i have one of these! its actually so cool! but some of those review people paid quite a bit, i only paid 17 for the MS-2C (duno what the difference is). I've dropped it loads and stuff but it still works perfectly lol and its sounds great. I love the way it has the belt clip, i thought i'd annoy the chavs sown the street so i put it on my belt n just ran down there playing it haha they werent happy
    mine was free with my guitar..such a cute amp..a6l6e6x1 is so right in its cuteness