MS-2 review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Marshall: MS-2

I have a Epi Les Paul with ZW EMG's and I play different styles RHCP to Metallica. The amp can be quite loud, but when turned up past 7 or so the sound is awful. I have only turned it up past 7 five or six times, because I just don't like what I hear. The variety is limited, but I don't think anyone is expecting variety from this amp. The clean channel is acceptable for this little amp; the overdrive doesn't sound very good.

For a few months this was a good little practice amp and it satified my expectations until it broke. I still use it with headphones and it continues to work pretty well. I have been playing for about two years. If it were stolen/lost I would not buy another, I would use my other amps that I can plug headphones into. I like the idea of taking the amp anywhere, but was disappointed that it wasn't more durable.

I did not abuse this amp in any way and like I said only turned it up a half dozen times for a few seconds. One night about three months after I bought this amp the speaker went out. Now the only sounds the speaker makes sound like a TV on a broken channel with every note that is played. I thought that it was garbage until I ran headphones through it. The sound is surprisingly good and I use it all of the time practicing when there are other people Who don't want to hear it.

I don't know what year the amp was made in but I think it is a fairly recent product. You can change from two channels: clean and overdrive. I bought this amp because I wanted something to play through that could be taken anywhere. I haven't used it all that much since I bought it, sometimes at night for an hour or so. It runs on a 9V battery and I purchased mine in December '07 and haven't changed the battery yet.