MS-4 review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Marshall: MS-4

Purchased from: classmate...2nd hand

I use Seymour Duncun Custom pickups. Suits only half my music. Bob Dylan, Muddy Waters, The Band and U2. It can't play Steve Vai, JS, Malmsteen and Velvet Revolver. It can't even play Guns N Roses. There is no noise from this amp. Only capable to make clean noises. If you ever thought of distortion, forget it. It is very loud but whats loud if the quality is bad.

Ugh stay away from this. If Marshall could actually do more research and improve on this I would say go ahead. My advice to those beginners looking for an amp. Save up and never go for this Marshall MS-4. Save up and spend it on a proper Roland Cube 30 amp. Use this amp only if you are giving guitar lessons.

Stopped working once and I gave it a kick to make it work. I inserted the bat but it didn't work so I used a small piece of tissue to give it a lift and power the amp. This is bad. And it falls easily even with the stand.

Features 4 knobs, 1 gain, 1 volume 1, tone and 1 on/off switch. I bought this amp from my friend because I did not have any money after buying my Yamaha Pacifica 112J with SD custom pickups. I regretted it. This amp can only play blues, classic rock and country with its mellow sound. It can't play metal. It also drains the battery fast. 10 hrs of play and its flat. Looks like a toy too. Very bulky too. It's not something you can really bring along.