MS-4 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-4

Purchased from: E-BAY

I'm using a AXL AEG10 guitar and a DigiTech Hot Head Distortion pedal. The clean sound sounds great on it whether I use the pedal or not but the distortion is pretty weak if I connect the guitar directly to the amp witout no pedal which lets it down. The clean sound also sounds a little distorted when the volume is high which lets it down a little bit.

I play all kinds of music with this amp and it suits all if it's got a distortion pedal plugged in. If it were lost or stolen I might buy this or might buy a different amp depending on what I wanted at the time. I love that it's compact and I can carry it around with me and yet it still packs a punch, I compared it to the MS-2 which is the amp down from this one and so I brought this one because it's a newer version and also has 2 speakers. I do wish it had more of a distortion when it was without a pedal but I suppose the size and battery power effects that.

I haven't gigged with this amp and I've only had it for a few weeks and so far there havent been any problems with it.

This a good little-ish amp and sounds lovely for its price, there are 4 knobs on it which are gain, volume, tone and power. The amp is a great size to be carried around and transported really easily and works off of one square battery which has so far lasted me 2weeks already and has plenty of life left. I use this amp in my bedroom and sometimes walk around the house playin with it attatched to my strap when I feel like a little stroll.