MS-4 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-4

Purchased from: Live N' Loud

I'm currently running a Blaze Stratocaster copy through this amp, and the sound is fantastic for the size of the amp. the overdrive could be improved, but the clean sound is absolutely fanatic. I have played some RHCP and Hendrix on the clean, and some improvisation, and the sound has been fabulous. The overdrive just hasn't got too much of the edge when your playing individual notes, but for power chords and normal chords, it is fine. The amp isn't noisy, but can go very loud which is good.

For my style of rock, this is a good match, but isn't too good for lead. I've been playing nine months, and personally, this is a nice practice amp. If I had this amp stolen or lost it, I'd be straight up to my shop to buy a new one. I'm in love with it. I love the clean sound you get, but I dislike the lead sound, but you can get a nice little rock edge if you have it clean with little distortion. Compared to the Marshall MS-2 this amp is 10x better. It has better clean, better for power chords & chords. Overall, this is a eight. I seriously suggest you should pick up this amp to practice.

This amp hasn't broken down on me, but personally, the stand at the back isn't good enough. The metal stand that comes out is small and weak, and it's probably best to stand the amp on it's own without the stand. I'd never use this at a gig because of two reasons: it is not loud enough for a gig and it isn't good enough for playing leads. But the amp is reliable, and shouldn't brake down on you.

The MS4 doesn't have too many features, but is very good. It has clean and overdrive, but no Switch to Switch channels, you just have to turn the gain down, and it has a all in one tone knob instead of trebble, middle & low (which other amps have). The amp is good enough to play my style of rock, and blues music. Marshall could imrpove this amp by having two seperate channale sfor Overdrive and Clean, with a button to turn clean on and overdrive on.

thunderinblack
    why did that guy say buy a line 6 spider its not like anyone would have this as there main amp just one they can take with them insed of having a lug a full size amp with them
    bc2025
    the amp is ok but the clean channal gets distorted really easy and the sound is not that brill but still a funky little amp useful for busking