MS-4 review by Marshall

Marshall: MS-4

Price paid: C$ 47.25

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Marshall packed the sound of a classic Marshall stack into this tiny little powerhouse. The user has the ability to adjust the amount of distortion with a gain control, sound with a tone control, and is able to adjust the loudness with a master volume control. The MS-4 can me super quiet or VERY loud. The MS-4 carries the classic Marshall sound.

When I pulled it out of the box, it was pretty straight forward. Wrapping, the amp, manual and other info. I was surprised that it actually came with a battery inside. The MS-4 goes well the rock, which is what I play. I used it mainly with my Strat and SG. My MS-4 is definitely sitting up there with my other Marshalls...at its not collecting dust either! I love the potential you could get from such a tiny amp. I bring it everywhere. even to gigs so I can play backstage. If my MS-4 ever got stolen, I would definitely buy another one. They are amazing and inexpensive. I love my Marshall.

The MS-4 is great for travelers who don't carry around acoustics. Also good for those who like to play their electrics at the park, or small gatherings. Obviously, this would not be used at a performance, however it has quite the potential. My MS-4 has been through quite a lot of use, and it's still going strong. The 9 volt it came with lasted a long time.

The MS-4 has a Gain, Tone, and Master Volume controls. It also features a headphone jack. Unlike the MS-2, which has a belt clip, the MS-4 has a stand. The stand is optional, so the amp can stand straight. The stand also flips up so you can hang it from somewhere. The MS-4 runs on a 9 volt battery(included) or a 9 volt adapter(sold separately).