Valvestate 100 review by Marshall

Marshall: Valvestate 100

Purchased from: 2nd Hand

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a Gibson Burstbucker 2 on the neck and a Burstbucker 3 on the bridge. The distortion this amp giutar combo gives is perfect for my classic rock style because it's not like a cheap amps distortion, its really smooth and warm, really nice! I usually use Overdrive 2 because it has contour control which makes it sound so rockin'. It can go from the sounds of Slash to Jimmy Page to Neil Young, it does all styles! The clean channel doesn't distort at high volume, but the reverb gets really intense when you put the volume way up. The distortion is so awesome. It can be compared to my Dad's Marshall full stack with the Slash head. The only problem is when you have it loud and have ut tone all the way back and palm must it will sometimes have a little buzz but nothing much.

It's a Marshall so of course its perfect for rock, and it only gets better when I plug in my Les Paul, a match made in heaven! I've been playing for just over a year and I also have a Boss V-Wah PW-10 but I'm going to sell it and but a Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah. If it were stolen I stay with Marshall, but I'd try to get a full stack! I love this amp it rules my setup and is alot louder than my friends Vox and Mesa Boogie 100 watt amps. Perfect for loud distorted rock and roll!

I have never had any problems with this amp and I have gigged it 6 times without a backup. Never borken. Its a Marshall of course the quality is good!

This amp is 5-6 years old but I'm not 100% sure because I bought it second hand. I play stuff from groups like Led Zeppelin and Guns N' Roses aswell as stuff from neil young and even blues and acoustic and it works really well for all of it. It has 3 channels (clean, overdrive 1 and overdrive 2) and came with a really sturdy metal 2 button foot switch to change channels or it can be done on the amp with the push of a button. It has pretty good spring reverb for the clean channel and for the overdrive channels. It has an FX Loop which is 2 inputs for you to plug your pedal board into the back and it had a headphone jack which I am yet to use. There aren't really any other features I wish this amp had because I wouldnt really use them, it has everything I need. I havent used the emulated line out which is for connection to a PA system because this amp it so loud it doesn't need it. I use this amp in my room mostley but also in school concerts where the 100 watts work awesome and it's so loud! It is a Valvestate amp and has a button called power dimension that makes it sound like a tube amp being pushed to the max even when I've got it on bedroom volume.