Valvestate 100 review by Marshall

Marshall: Valvestate 100

Purchased from: guitar center

I use 2 main guitars with this amp, a Gibson and a squire. The amp makes the squire sound just as good as the Gibson making it an exllent investment even if you don't have a very good guitar. If you turn you the distortion all the way on cheaper gutiars you do get a lot of feedback but that can be fixed b changing the pickups and tones. It has an incredible clean setting for blus and folk and the blus distortion is great for those blue licks. The heavy disortions is amazg for those awesome licks and hevy rock chords and sounds gret in lubs or in basements.

I would for sure buythis amp again because it's just so amazing. It is a good match for rock and blues and all the genres with in those 2 genres. I loe the sound of the clean and distortion drives and it even has nice lengty reverb on it. It is much better then most Fender and Roland amps in it's class. I wish it had 2 guitar spots on it so that you can jam with this one amp with friends. Other thean that I have no complains abou this amp. It's great for upcoming musicians as well as established musicians.

The amp is very realiable, you can always cunt on it giving you great sound. my amp has never broken and I have had it for 2 yers now. I alws play gigs with it and ever bring backups. It can be quite heavy though especcially when yo have to bring it up a few flights of stairs but then again all big amps are pretty much heavy. But you never will have to bring it to the repair shop because it's built so solid a you can always rely on it to give you great sound even in recording.

This amp is a great Live amp because it has the eprect volume for a club, it's not to loud and it isnt to loud. You will find use for every feature on this amp it has the nice bues distortion and a nice lead distortion it also has an amazing clean sound and very nice reverb. The FX loop comes in handy if you have an FX pedal and you only want the sound of the FX from the pedal with out the added sounds from the amp. This amp is amazing for many styes such as blues, jazz, funk, rock and so hard rock. The features that is has on it is not amazing for metal styles but with the right pedals you can make metal sound incredible on it.

masterofeedback
    i don't like the preamp much, but its bloody loud with a extrenal preamp, would never buy one though, just use one at our practise rooms.
    E_squared
    I bought this thing just a few days ago, and I'm not gonna lie, it kicks the butt of my old Line 6 SpiderII!
    Death-Reaper
    Ok guys can you do me a favor? I'd like to know if this amp is also good for the harder stuff. Like Bullet For My Valentine, or anything alike. Or maybe in combination with the Boss MT2, since I've got that one as well.. If not, how does it suit punkrock/poppunk? Since that's the my bands style.. Like Blink182, Green Day, Taking Back Sunday. Please PM me!
    tom?
    hi can anyone help me; i got my vs100 about half a year ago off my uncle who had been storing it somewhere for several years, after i got i realised that the reverb doesnt work, i havent summed up the courage to take it apart yet but does any one know what could be wrong with it?