Valvestate 8080 review by Marshall

Marshall: Valvestate 8080

Purchased from: Erie Music

The guitar I'm using is a Austin Vintage Rock Custom with 3 pickups. The sound with this amp and guitar provides a good combo for heavy metal or classic rock. The noise level for this varies on what place you are playing, for exmaple, my guitar and amp are both in the basement, so it really does sound good downstairs. But I had it in a small room, I had it on half volume and it shook the whole room. The sounds the amp can make will vary with different settings that you set it to, if you wish, you can have a heavy grind metal, or a smooth clean channel. Both which sound very good. The distortion on this amp is crazy, it matches almost exact to the band Rammstein's amplifiers if you have ever heard of the song Buck Dich, then you will know what I'm talking about.

My overall impression is very good on this amp, for my style of music, it does the job, good. I've been playing for about a year and a few months, so it really does make the music sound good. I would definitly recommend this to anyone who wants to play with a reliable amp and wants a good clean sound out of it. If this were stolen or lost, I'd hunt them down and claim it back. I wouldn't want my 400$ to go down the hole. Favourite feature is the volume, this thing goes very loud, shakes my whole room if I play it. Very nice quality, and has a decent size of volume level if you just wanna play a little to yourself. Definitly if you have the money, pick this amp up, this will be one of your best amps you have had.

I can really count on this amp if I were to play a gig, I don't know about the Backup though, I would play it safe and go for the backup, But if you want you could use this without a backup. The amp hasn't broken down since I've gotten it, So it's really good quality and hopefully it stays like that.

The amp was roughly made about 6 years ago. It does have some wear on the body but does have a lot of good features. It's an 80 Watt amplifier with great sound of distortion, for any type of music you play. The volume ability is amazing with it being the type of amps that Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and many other bands prefer to use the good Marshall. The channels are clean and one with 5 different features such as contour, gain, bass, volume and middle. The different settings are a good wide of variety. It has an input for 1 guitar, I wish it had a dual input for another guitar. It's definitely an amp I am glad to have.