ML15 review by Mega Amp

Mega Amp: ML15

Purchased from: Local music store

I use an Ibanez GAX 30 with stock pickups. It dose not suit my choice of music that I preform cause of the muddy distortion. I'm in to all good music. Everything but rap and those modern faggy-pants white trash b--ches who auto-tune them selves. The amp is loud as I said earlier but it does not get noisy and the clean sound is marvelous. The only time that happens is when you bring your guitar direct in ront of the speaker. Only the distortion sucks, but everything else is pretty much awesome.

I play some thrash, industrial and groove. It isn't a good match for those styles cause of the lack of serious distortion, but the clean channel and reliability makes up for that. I play now for almost five years and have this amp for 3 years. I am planning to buy myself a Ibanez Mimix amp or an Marshall Valve-State amp so the question of "if it where stolen..." falls of. I love the clean sound, hate the distortion. I compared it to low end Randall and Orange model and thought back then that it was a good buy and still think that way. A distortion pedal isn't that expensive either. And at last I wish it had an gain control but you can't have everything.

Man this amp fell 3 times of a truck and I throw it around the house all the time so I think it's pretty dependable. The only way to get this broken is hm... To sink it in water or acid and the give it a beating with a sledgehammer. It got neglected like an street dog and still works just fine. Maybe the fact that it is and solid state has something to do with it hehe.

A small single channel solid state made 2006 in Canada. It's very loud for its 10W of power. It has a standard 3-band EQ, a distortion on/off Switch and a headphone jack. It lacks a gain control. The distortion gets a bit muddy when volume is turned up to 5 o clock. I use it for practice, recording and I did gig once with it connected to a mixer. The only outstanding thing about this amp is its clean sound. It literally sparkles.

aaron.wendy.31
    The mega amp also comes in a 30 watt which I have and am impressed by the output power,try not to bash the amp because any amp is a good amp as long as it puts out sound.
    MaggaraMarine
    Why does everybody say that the amp is very loud for a 10 watt amp? If every 10 watt amp is loud for a 10 watt amp then they aren't anymore loud for a ten watt. Ten watts is loud when playing alone but when you are in a band ten watts aren't enough. I would say that even Micro Cube (2 watts) cranked is pretty loud when played alone but with a full band... no!
    King Nothin
    i think there needs to be 1 person or a group of people to review gear, cause this is ridiculous. Although im not sure how how u'd do this but look at this quote - "Im into all good music" - brilliant.
    MaggaraMarine
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    MaggaraMarine wrote: MarkoakaNiggaK wrote: Khm dude i played this on probes with some bands and it cuts through the mix enough to be heard. So when it`s heard while nearby drums are being played it is loud... I'm just saying that all the people say about every 10 watt amp that it's "only" 10 watts but it's loud. It's just that that they think that a 10 watt amp will not be loud. And many people think that amps under 100 watt will not be loud enough. So they say in their reviews that it's "only" that and that many watts but it's loud.
    well their problem...they didn`t hear about mixets. as for power i said only that it is loud yes but it being heard over a drummer is proof enough.. cheers
    Leather Sleeves
    The Pickle Man
    GibsonMan321
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    The Pickle Man wrote: Anybody who thinks this is anything other than a piece of garbage is an idiot. The idea of gigging with this is obscene. If you think it sounds good, you have no idea what good tones sound like. It's not even a "tone is a matter of opinion" thing. If you think this is a good amp, with good tones, you are a moron. It's not. MarkoakaNiggaK should not be allowed to write reviews. MarkoakaNiggaK should not even be allowed to gig, if this is what he thinks sounds good. MarkoakaNiggaK is an embarrassment to guitar players. MarkoakaNiggaK is an embarrassment to the human race.
    Dude can you calm down a bit... It`s just a review...
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    Leather Sleeves wrote: I think I have the 15W version of this amp, which is probably what I spent on it in dollars. If you're going by price paid its probably an 8. Distortion is useless, but chuck a pedal in on clean and you're good to good. I wouldn't use it for recording though.
    Well i didn`t have the money to buy a better recording amp... But it sounds good if you know what you are doing with the EQ, and a pc gives you enough options to adjust the sound.
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    GibsonMan321 wrote: Read the brand as "Mesa" and thought, "Oh, a new amp from them I haven't heard about... cool." Was greatly disappointed. And honestly, why is this even on here?
    Cause it`s the only review of this manufacturer XD ? hehe I wouldn`t put it on the front page neither.