Dual Rectifier review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Dual Rectifier

Purchased from: ebay

Play with a Fender American strat (single coils) and I'm in love. Not noisy at all and can play all styles of music. The Clean sparkles and just cries out with amazing tones. The second channel dishes out thick, yet warm distortions found on all of your favorite albums. The third channel gives you the warmest, yet thickest gains you could ever imagine or dream for. The solo addition adds more gain to your higher strings and this amp SINGS!!!

I play an indie style of music and this amp couldn't give me anything more. I run my MXR Phase 90 and Boss BF-2 Flanger through the effects loop which I can turn on and off from the amps footswitch which is quite convenient. I would advise playing through a cabinet that can handle at least 200-240 watts or else the cab will be blown quite quickly. Mesa puts out ad's with Dual Rectifiers on top of 2x12 cabs. Don't Do That!!! That 2x12 cab will last until you put the amp at what would be around level 3 or 4 and then you can kiss it goodbye and go find a replacement on ebay. Ebay is an excellent place to get good deals on gear by the way.

I've owned this amp for about 6 months and have not had a problem. Granted, it's a tube amp so you're going to have to replace tubes after so many hours of play, but if you're gigging and the tubes don't have a ton of hours then you don't need to worry about a backup. Besides, once you start playing a Mesa, only a Mesa will do for a backup or else you're going to be pissed with how shitty the backup amp sounds. The only problem with owning a Mesa/Boogie is that it sets very high standards and you won't be happy with anything else after that. But hey, is that such a bad thing???

3 Channels, absolutely perfect. I've wanted a Boogie for so long and finally sold my old P.O.S. stack to get a Mesa stack after years of saving. This amp couldn't be better. The cleans are amazing, channel two produces a beautiful crunch and can give more distortion than you need. Channel 3 screams with gain and tone. The 5 12AX7 tubes give lots of gain and you'll never need more. And it is LOUD as fuck. I play 500 person venues without cranking it.