Dual Rectifier review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Dual Rectifier

Ok, I play a Schecter C1 Classic and a crappy Fender squire with a dimarzio yjm at the neck and a chopper at the bridge. This thing Is insane for rock. ok, heres a description of the sounds: Channel 1 Clean - very glassy, smooth, and punchy. I love the clean channel! Channel 1 Pushed - sounds exactly like Nickelback's Rockstar And Photograph. Really useful and sounds really good. Channel 2 Modern - like Blink 182, Unwritten Law. Channel 2 Vintage - kinda scrapes the distortion off allitle. Can tweak some nice classic rock. Channel 2 Raw - I would say I use this the least. Really scrapes of distortion, it still sounds amazing, I just don't use it. Channel 3 Modern - this will getya some nice Avenged Sevenfold tone. Crank up the gain and you get that As I Lay Dying tone from 94 hours. Oh, and Metallica tone with mid all the way down. Channel 3 Vintage - this gives you almost a Marshall tone kinda like Malmsteen sound. Channel 3 Raw - like I said I don't use raw as much. This has more distortion than you will need. I don't raise it over 6. The mid knob doest really go down a lot. This is not an extreme deathmetal amp. Yes as I said great variety, doesn't break up. It is a little noisy at times. Not all the time. And yea duh crappy single coils hum still. This amp has a really recognizable tone. I can now listen to the radio and identify who is using a Mesa Boogie.

Great amp. I don't know how an amp could deliver any more. And I route it through a mesa cab, with a closed back. Honestly I cannot give you an opinion about the cab. I just don't have the ear for that crap nor do I have any other cabs. Look, if you're contemplating between this and a Marshall. Do yourself a favor and go play them. Marshall is better for crunch like acdc and stuff. And I have heard that they can have problems. Mesa Boogie products are handmade in the USA Marshalls are made in a factory in the UK. And if it were stolen, no I wouldn't buy another one because I don't have the money! If I ever found the guy that stole it I would get the amp back, strap their head to it and crank it! It's really good. If you don't have the money get it with the smaller cab like me.

Very dependable. Don't be an idiot, let the thing warm up and don't turn it off suddenly. Use standby! And uh ya it's a tube amp ye gotsta change the tubes! The only real issue is that there is a loud pop and a short delay when changing channels with the footswitch. I figuired out that it's a really loud pop just after you turn on the amp. Once it's more warmed up, and cranked up the pop is more subtle.

I got a brand new 2006 model. It's extremely versitle and overwhelming for the first couple of weeks until you get oriented. I play modern rock, alternative rock, and jazz. It covers everything perfectly. I'm a teenage musician and I needed a good amp to last really long. Since I don't need all the power I got a 2x12 cab instead of a 4x12. This thing is still freakin loud. There are a lot of knobs and stuff in the back. I have no comment of the effects loop and stuff because I'm not an effects freak. No, no headphone jack (what kind of dumbass wants a headphone jack on a halfstack). Look, I see some people may want reverb. If you want reverb buy A pedal! The fact that this monster doesnt't have reverb is no reason for anybody to not consider it, it has everything you need trust me! Enough said. If you want all the features, be smart and go on mesaboogie.com.