Dual Rectifier review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Dual Rectifier

Purchased from: eBay

I have an ESP Alexi-600 with EMG 81 and it sound great thru this amp. I only use clean on channel 1 for clean riff, vintage on channel 2 for solo and modern on channel 3 for Chidren of Bodom stuff. I recommend reading the manual to understand the amp and try out their suggest setting then you can tweak it to your taste. Be patience cause it will take you a while. Don't give up, you'll find your sound cause this amp is really versatile. But if you want a tube amp for clean channel than I suggest Fender or Bogner cause this amp focus more on distortion sound.

This is the perfect amp for me. I prefer this over Marshall because of my ear told me so. So if you trying to decide between this amp and other amp, go play it first. My first amp ever was the Line 6 Spider 75W, then Fender SuperSonic and Marshall DSL 100, and to me this Dual is my favorite. I'll give this amp a 9 overall for it's price and versatility. To me, only the Bogner Uberschall and the Eng Powerball deserve a 9.9 (a 10 is just plain impossible) but they will make you homeless. Only thing I wish it had is better footswitch to Switch between the modes.

Like all tube amp, always have spare tubes and fuses. Only had it for a month so can't say anything on the durability but it's look like it can take a beating. All the part is high quality even the knob. As for now, I will definitely depend on it for a gig cause it look like a black box. Just be nice to your amp and it will work for as long as you want it to.

Own this amp for a month now, it was made in 2005 but looks like just came out of factory. It's the newer Dual with 3 channel. I play anything from Gun N' Roses to Children Of Bodom and the amp does a good job for hard rock and metal music. Channel 1 has clean and pushed which sound great. I'll give it an 8, the Fender Twin Reverb is 9 and Bogner Uberschall is 10. No reverb but it's an easy fix. Channel 2 has raw, vintage and modern. The best mode is Vintage. If you want Vintage rock sound like '80s rock than this is your channel. Channel 3 has the same modes but a lot more gain. The modern modes is brutal distortion, u'll feel the bass go through your body when doing palm muting riffs. The solo boost is nice for live gigs, footswitch does a minimum job of changing channel but not the modes in each channel. There's a shitload of knob in the back for FX loop and channel that I'm still trying to figure out. No headphone jack but Who use headphone on a tube amp like this? Crank it up if you can to fully appreciate this amp. It't 100W and I never had it past 12 o'clock on Channel 3.

Black-Goat
    Jake B.
    Black-Goat wrote: can anyone tell me what amplifier has better sound to play deathcore(like through the eyes of the dead,all shall perish, etc) mesa boogie dual rectifier or line 6 spider III cuz im gonna buy one of these very soon u_u! but i need some advices before doin it =S!
    Deff go with the Dual Recto. I have a line 6 spider II and it doesnt sound very good at all. My friend has the dual recto and it does that metalcore sound perfectly.