Electra Dyne Combo review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Electra Dyne Combo

Purchased from: Private

I'm using it with PRS SE Bernie Marsden. Just switched from Fender DRRI + JCM2000 DSL. As already mentioned, I'm fool for bluesrock. Still, cleans and rock Drive is very useful for me, and Dynie has them both just perfect. To put it short: 1. Cleans (going from 9:00 to 4:00 volume): "Sultans Of Swing" (Knopfler), "Heart Of Life" (Mayer), "River Of Tears" (Clapton). 2. Vint Low: "Bad Love" (Clapton), "Crossroads" (Trad-Johnson-Clapton), "Black Magic Woman" (Green-Santana), "Smoke On The Water" (Purple). 3. "Still Got The Blues" (Moore), "Parisienne Walkways" (Lynott-Moore), "Sweet Child O'Mine" (GN'R) - Yeah, Slash is my childhood's god, and still is now, among others, although. Especially pleasant lower-frequency base - I mean, just love it! And, the character of overdrive - from brownish-American to Vintage British - easily takes listener's attention in a moment, and very, I said, very pleasant.

Fully satisfied.

Up to now - no problem.

All the features are revealed at the official Mesa Boogie site. For my burning bluesrock soul - it's a heaven. One channel - million brilliant sounds.

BostonPubRocker
    I gig with my F30 or my Express 5/50 both awesome amps. Now I might have to check out a used Electra Dyne, I saw for $999.00. Help, having major MESA gas attacks.
    Jick Jackson
    Best amp I've ever owned.My band did a "reunion" show a few years ago and I had literally dozens of people ask me what I was doing with my rig (in the past I had used marshall half stacks, fenders, and a savage Macht 12). I ditched all of my ODs, distortion, verb and delay pedals and went straight into the amp and only used the footswitch and the controls of a strat with a HB. I never had to switch guitars for songs and the number of sounds on tap (along with the ability to equalize all of the levels beforehand) made this the absolutely easiest show I ever played too guitar-wise. This thing is just a dream live and practice amp. Way more than enough power for any gig whatsoever. If you can afford one, get it! It's like having a blackface twin along with a JMP and a JCM. Love it!!!!! It's heavy but a twin is heavier. EDIT: I don't use any pedals but practice with a couple. The blackface preamp LOVES pedals. The loop is pretty sweet too for time or mod stuff. Buy one.