Nomad 100 review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Nomad 100

I have a 1969 Gibson ES345 Stereo I use an American Strat with Texas custom specials pickups,a screamer, but the sweetist sounding guitar through the Nomad, is my Les Paul Classic with A Seymore Duncan 59 at the neck and a Seymore Duncan JB at the bridge. That's right. Nothing but Jammin' baby! There are so many tones I can achieve with this baby, still have to find some more. We play a lot out door and concert gigs so I needed a amp that could stand up to the challenge, I found that in the Nomad. I'm a finesse' player that needs a cache of tones, and the Nomad is what the doctor ordered. I haven't had it long but I can tell you this. Daddy is happy! The distortion attacks with a vintage dominating sound that's pure but warm.

I'm a blues/rock, and jazz guitarist this amp is the perfect match for. I started playing when I was 7 years old I'm fouty eight now, a lot of years, wow 40 years! I'd buy this amp again and again I love everything about it, I was a little concerned with the reverb being a little shallow on channels 2 & 3 but after dialing the reverb in on those channels they have a nice wet sound, very nice not overly saturated.

Haven't had it long enough yet, to know how realiability is, but I know cats that have had Mesa Boogies for years and they're happy with the durability stamina of the Boogie product.

Well Folks I just committed to a brand new 2004 Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 and 4X12 boogie Rectifier Cabinet. This three channel beast is where it's at for me. I'm blues/rock, jazz player and this amp tone has that vintage tone with modern High lights. I haven't utilized the effects loop as of yet but coming from the front of the amp is better. I'm still learning this amp but it really didn't take me long to dial in a bad to the bone setting for each channel. The Five band EQ is the icing on the cake, can't beleive I lived with out a feature like this, all these years. The 100 watt head is all I need to those four twelves. You can go from warm a gentle on channel 1 to purring blues on channel 2 to sizzling fussion leads on channel three with every note being heard with dynamics and harmonics that stand all other amps. I have used Marshall, Peavy, Ampeg V4 (that amp, I miss!), Kustom and a Fender Twin. The Nomad is the best yet.

sdmf.1919
    duzit89
    sdmf.1919 wrote: the only problem I have with this amp is it's name, I'm sorry but having Marshall on the front just says something. But thats just a man hood thing (Hendrix, page, Clapton, all used Marshall amps) Lol what? You're an idiot, what does the name matter if you get a good tone, what a tube.
    i think Mesa are way above Marshall
    Noki
    Kid Fisto wrote: MARSHALLS SUCK & HAVE NO TONE. the end.
    cedaguol
    ^ u're gonna get so flamed my friend xD well i think... i dont like marshalls that much either
    bokma
    Anyone know if this would be ideal for hard rock or even metal ?
    Guam_Thrasher
    bokma wrote: Anyone know if this would be ideal for hard rock or even metal ?
    I own a mesa boogie nomad 55. These beasts are great for everything. Metal especially. I play a jackson DKMG with a 81/60-X pickup setup. Get one!
    Scandaloz
    I have Mesa Stiletto Ace,Ulbrick Arena 50,Genz Benz Black pearl & Diabolo 30/60, Labsystems Cage,THDs (2),Rivera Suprema,MI Audio Revelation (WOW), Fenders, H&K Puretone Amps. Note - The Stiletto ace smokes the Marshalls.NO Marshalls.They are horrible.
    Scandaloz
    I agree with the no tone bit about Marshalls for myself.I do not like the feel of a Marshall or the tone controls, however there is one great burnished bronze tone that Ian Moss from Cold Chisel got.Warren Haynes gets a great tone.Can anyone really criticise Gary Moore's tone...RIP dear Gary,few guitarist's deaths have brought out so much grief. Claptons early Marshall tone was a 60's Marshall Combo, from him comes the tone Robben Ford has today.Jimi used highly modified Marshalls,Page used mainly Vox's and did Rory and Brian May.Jeff Beck uses them widely and well, what tone can't he get with a Marshall? So even though "I" don't like them , legion do....
    ZaÐ
    Kid Fisto wrote: MARSHALLS SUCK & HAVE NO TONE. the end.
    Simple as that