Rect-O-Verb review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Rect-O-Verb

I play it with a Gibson les paul and as previously mentioned play hard rock and alot of soft rock and ballad type stuff, and it suits my musical needs very well. The clean on this amp is surprisingly good, not fendry good, but pretty close. Its can get noisy, but it aint that bad. This amp is very versatile, the only amp you could get with more versatility would be one of the mark series. Clean channel doesn't distort for a while. The distortion is good, but honestly, you REALLY need an OD for this amp, the low end is EXTREMLY flubby.

Great amp but if I had my money back, I would probably just wait for a really good deal to come along and try to snatch a dual rec, the dual has more gain, which I really need...but overall great amp. Though make sure you have a good cab to go along with it if you have the head, because I made the mistake of using it with a really cheap cab and rest assured if you do that, it WILL sound like crap.

Built like a tank, just like everything else mesa makes.

I believe my rectoverb is around a 2004 model. I play modern hard rock and alot of soft rock and ballads, this suits that great. It has 2 channels with spring reverb (which is excellent and alot of people will tell you its too quite, but I think it's plenty loud). HAHAHA, headphone jack...yeah right. I have the series one which has 4 modes, all of which sound great in their own way, but I rarely use the pushed option.

EvilAngel93
    EvilAngel93
    and I forgot, the modern subchannel has blistering distortion, all you need without getting a Bogner Uberschall. You don't even need a boosting pedal.
    SwampAshSpecial
    EvilAngel93 wrote: anything. That's what I love about this amp; it's quite versatile. I play everything from alt-metal to metalcore to grunge to thrash metal, and this thing suits all, and is great if you can't afford both the head and cab; you can buy a combo amp. The cleans shine, and it can get some very good vintage overdrive tones out of it. Really, it can give anything you command it
    its not just good for ****ing metal! :peace:
    themelodicdeathshow
    I have a series 1 recto-verb sounds so much nicer than the series 2, and its not only a metal amp but thats where it shines though! Ill be doing my review soon!
    arthur.hsa
    I recently got the 50 combo Rectoverb Series 1. Channel 2 (vintage and modern) is unbelievable. I love the clean channel too. I need to know because it sounds better than series 1 series 2. Thank you.
    pop_o
    I have the head version, and it's an awesome amp, but Mesa is way too expensive in Europe, it's a shame.