Road King review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Road King

I run it with my '03 strat with hot rails and my '03 tele with stocks. Even though it is meant to be big and bassy I think my tele sounds better on it. The only time it gets noisy is if you run channel 4 in the modern mode with the volume at master output at 7 which I really never need to go to anyway. The amp is very versatile but depending on the cab you mmight get only one sound or you can cover ever musical range possible. the clean channel doesn't distorot at all. I crank the clean a lot and it doesn't break up. I also think that this amp has just about the most distortion you can get out of any amp from any make.

This is my first full fledged half stack. I must say that anybody who thinks Marshall is supreme is wrong. Marshall is crap. It has crappy distortino and no flexibility. the Road King can cover whatever you need. If it were stolen I would go back to the Hollywood outlet and by ten more. THese amps are incredible. If this amp were to have anything I would say an fx saturater that is sepereate from the distortin saturater. The Road King I have has the fx and distortion saturater going to one knob. Otherwise, I don't think I will ever buy amps from any other company except Mesa/Boogie.

Haven't had it long enough to test how destroyed it will be after roadie's but I would expect it to be like any other amp after roadie's and lots of road time, beat to hell but still functional.

mrmuzic
    I just bought a combo RoadKing used from Sam's Ass for $750. They had it all setup wrong and thought it needed a transformer. When I got home I downloaded the manual, set it up, and it is absolutely awesome. What a range of tone selections and gain. Sam Ass lost out big time on this one...HAHAHAHAHAH
    murderproof
    YES!!! this think is beastly. I played a used one in guitar center and it was so heavyyy! Christ, this head is amazing. it sounds like...i can't even descride it. It's the BEST amp i've have ever played for metal and the like.
    murderproof
    the new roadster head is much cheaper though and sounds the soame but is has alot of the half-usful stuff cut out.
    6_6_6_1_syn
    Wow...someones gotta review this because the reviewer left a 0 in one spot and now it has a 7.5 overall...this amp has the worst rating out of all the Mesa/Boogie amplifiers, so if you've played or own one, please review it
    MESAexplorer
    I really don't think this person actually owns the amp. His language, grammer, and subjunctive comparisons are completely out the window (marshall). My impression of this amp, depending on your budget I would say its anywhere from good to decent. With my budget, I would say its Ok, but a Triaxis is a much better deal.
    Kid Fisto
    nah dude he's right about marshalls, their stack amps are very inflexible and i'll never like them even if i become a hugeass rockstar and all the bands i'm touring with are using them. i'll still have my little old Kustom truckin' away with me....and prolly a Randall or Krank too.
    PlagueX1
    That is awesome man. Lol. Congrats.