Road King review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Road King

I can get anything from BB King to Rage with this amp. You can make a strat play amazing pinch harmonics and have great distortion with some tweaking. Every one of my guitars sound great on this amp. There is a little hiss on the distortion channels. If you turn up the gain it gets louder but it is nothing compared to the amount of volume you have. This thing also could easily handle any gig volume wise. I play a lot of gigs and I have never turned the volume past 4 on the distorted channels. It is just way loud and crisp sounding even with high distortion. Truly amazing sound.

This is the best tube amp I have ever played! It is just perfect in every way shape and form and I love it so much. I really love the customization that is possible with this amp and all of the cool features. Very easy to use and make great sounds with. Mesa has always been great and they held up their reputation and then more with this great amp.

Well, never broken anything and outside is holding up perfectly. So what more is there to say?? It is built really solid and I don't ever see it malfunctioning or breaking. The tubes in it are great and last a very long time. The foot controller is also built like a tank and is nearly indestructable. It also looks wicked cool with it's hammered look!

I just got mine about 3 months ago from eBay and all I can say is that this amp rocks. Everything about it is rock solid and strong. Some people say that the back panel is too confusing but that is not true. All of the knobs are divided up into the 4 channels and you can tweak the sound of each channel. Very handy to get that perfect sound you are looking for. Also love the foot controller. built like a tank. Has 4 channel switches 2 loops, solo, reverb, and a tuner mute.

sagerage
    I got mine (head) for $2500 without tax. It seems like a steep price but compared to a Two-Rock $8000 or other boutique amps like Divided By 13, or Matchless it's not that bad. Great amp all around.
    Magik19
    Most versatile amp head made by Mesa. Too bad Mesa only makes incredible amps with prices that match. Not saying that it's bad thing, just that quality is top notch, like the price
    Skagasm
    im sorry but there is no way you are correct, even if a transformer was needed that would not cost 2000 to buy and fix are you sure you didnt get the roadster? that sounds a bit more possible but a road king for 750 is just ridiculous
    mrmuzic wrote: I just bought a combo RoadKing used from Sam's Ass for $750. They had it all setup wrong and thought it needed a transformer. When I got home I downloaded the manual, set it up, and it is absolutely awesome. What a range of tone selections and gain. Sam Ass lost out big time on this one...HAHAHAHAHAH