Roadster 2x12 review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Roadster 2x12

Price paid: $ 2000

I use an Jackson DXMG with Seymour Duncan SH-2N and SH-6 pickups in it and a Schecter Hellraiser C-1. This amp is hardly noisy at all even when the distortion is high. The distortion can get very brutal on it. The variety of the sounds that can be achieved on this are nearly endless. Classic rock, metal, bluesy type music, it can do tons of different types. Regardless of what people say this amp does do great at low volumes. I use an Equalizer GE-7 through the effects loop that makes a world of difference in the amps sound. The EQ helps tighten things up a bit and it helps the distortion liven up very much at lower volumes.

I play metal, basicly anything that's really heavy and sounds good. This amp works perfectly for me. I love it. If this amp were stolen I very likely would buy a new one. I can't really pick a favorite feature because I love everything about it. It definently has the classic Dual Rectifier sound that's so sought after, but it's so much more than a Dual Rectifier, with the tons of features and possibilities on this you can't go wrong.

I haven't had any problems with this amp so far so I would say it can withstand gigs and traveling and such. Although this amp is definently no lightweight. Don't expect to do any real moving of this by yourself. I probably would use this amp without a backup if I was gigging. Just make sure you have a spare pair of tubes and possibly a fuse, you never know what might happen.

This amp has an amazing four channels. You can find a use for each channel. The first two channels are clean channels that shimmer. The other two channels are were the main magics at. The third and forth channel are the overdrive channels. You can set three different distortion modes on the channels. One being Raw, which is a very mild overdrive, the second being Vintage which is good for Metallica tones and such and the third is Modern. The modern mode has the most distortion on the amp it's really brutal; it's good for Lamb Of God or any heavy type of metal. On each channel you can also set it for 50 or 100 watts. You can also set weather to use Diode or Tube Rectifier. You also can set different amounts of reverb for each channel. It's really versatile and can do so much more than metal.

Thread_of_Light
    I just purchased an ltd ec-1000, but I will definitely be purchasing this amp as soon as I restore my bank account. I play for my church and a couple local bands that primarily consist of metal and rock. From the reviews, I think that this amp's versatility can satisfy my needs.
    Jake B.
    I recently had the opportunity to play this amp. Its amazing! I'm looking for a new amp right now. Its ind of a toss up between this and the vox custom plus 50 watt combo. Anybody have any suggestions? I mainly play rock, soft or heavy.
    SylvaShredder
    jsdfhsdkjlafslkdajhsalkdjslakdflaskdjfhalskjdfhaksjdfhksjfhj hfksjhfkjdfhksdjhfkjsdhfsdhjknxcnmbvkjzdfhgm,nb
    shredder_666
    i just turned in my triple recto for this, since it has so many more features. I got the Roadster head actually. Its great.
    travd92
    SylvaShredder wrote: jsdfhsdkjlafslkdajhsalkdjslakdflaskdjfhalskjdfhaks jdfhksjfhj hfksjhfkjdfhksdjhfkjsdhfsdhjknxcnmbvkjzdfhgm,nb
    +1.
    HELLSHREDD
    If someone knows , could you tell me if this baby has a closed back ? I am really interested in getting this amp , but it has to be closed back to get a really punchy sound & thats what iam after ...
    Ezz_zombie
    roadster_13
    Ezz_zombie wrote: anyone knows where i can order one ? ... i cant seem to find it on any websites that offer international shipping =(
    they do not sell online, only in-store through Mesa dealers.
    duzit89
    can anyone give me a estimate of how much this will cost me canadian?..
    iheartemo69
    duzit89 wrote: can anyone give me a estimate of how much this will cost me canadian?..
    i think it's about $2300 CDN. bought mine for $1500 though cause it was 6 months old