Triple Rectifier review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Triple Rectifier

Purchased from: eBay

I use an ESP LTD EC 1000 (nearly perfect guitar, would highly recommend it) with active EMG pickups. I play mostly death metal/metal/hardcore/punk and this suits all three perfectly. Amazingly, the amp is quiet. And I mean quiet. There is no buzzing from feedback. There is a slight buzz from the tubes, but I mean, when you are running an amp with that many tubes, there is bound to be something, but compared to my last amp (Behringer piece of garbage half stack) it is pretty much mute. This amps gain is probably the best in the world. If you want heavy low end, this is it. It is the holy grail of high gain amps. The 'modern' gain setting is what people buy the amps for. Not the 'Vintage' or 'clean' settings. They leave something to be desired. The clean channel is good, but a bit too bassy for my likings, even when the bass is turned all the way down. It could possibly be from my guitar and pickups, but either way, I do wish there was more of a mid and treble range on the clean channel. The Vintage channel is a bit too bassy for me, but then again, I must compare those with their usage, which is nil. I bought this amp for it's 'peel paint off the walls' gain, and it fully delivers. It's great not needing a whole rack of effects to get the heavy heavy sound of today's modern metal. Add a reverb pedal to your effects line to thicken up the sound a bit, and it'd the ultimate amp.

This is made for heavy music. I've been playing for 4 years and I do not ever plan on buying another amp ever again. This is the 'cadillac' of high gain amps. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy a Dual Rectifier just because it'd be easier to carry around, not because I like the sound more or less (I've tried them both, they sound nearly exactly the same). I love the amp's gain. It's what I bought it for, and it delivers and goes above what I expected.

The thing's a tank. It feels like it weighs 4 tons when you're moving it, but once you get it where you need to put it and plug it in, you remember why you lugged it to where you did in the first place. It has never broken down. The tubes will need replacing, as with all tube amps, but not for about a year or so.

I'm not sure what year this amp was made in, but I do know it's the newer version of the triple rec's because it has 3 channels (the older versions had only 2). The amp is versatile enough for anybody Who plays hardcore/metal/death metal/etc. It has a 5 button footswitch that allows you to choose from the three channels, plus two other switches that let you 'boost' your sound (solo button) or activate your guitar effects line (FX switch). After having it for a while, I do wish somewhat that it had a reverb, but then again, that's what pedals are for. I use all of the setting. Nothing on the amp is unnecessary or useless. You will use all of the settings to dial in your sound. This amp would deafen you if you played it at full power. And I am not kidding at all. It's so loud. Great for if you have a loud drummer.

AnxietyAngel
    Mesa Sound Like Theirs Too Much Treble And Not Enough Bass, And Plus I've Seen A Few Randall Stacks in Their Studio, After All Dimebage darrel's Been Using Randall Amps For Most Of His Career And I'll Just Name A Few Other Band Who use Randall Ampsokken, Lynch mob, Sevendust, AnthraxAnd Zakk Wylde Has Used Them For His First Few Black Label Society Albums!