Triple Rectifier review by Mesa Boogie

Mesa Boogie: Triple Rectifier

Purchased from: Drinking Gourd

Right now I use a guitar a made with a dimebucker treble and a pearly gates rythem. I play a lot of thrash metal and I like a lot of punch so the the bass, drums, and guitar can meld together. This amp works perfect with an Ibanez tube screamer, so there isn't too much distortion but just the right amount. When dialed in, it can kick someones ass up and down an arena. The clean channel has no distortion problems unless set to mild distortion. This amp gets the job done.

There is much more to say but for heavy music, hell even any rock this thing is does what is supposed to do, kick every other amps ass. Personally, reverb would be handy but I use a GNX4 so I don't need it. Also if there were and opption to lower the wattage that would help with practicing at lower volumes. Don't be hesitant to try this amp, if you don't like it, that's alright. If you love it, you'll be glad you tried it.

There is no need to worry about it. The amp has lasted for a while and when I get there is no need to worry about a back up or anything. I havn't needed it serviced and the tube life is astounding. The are so far no dings or scratches or marks, it is still in the shape I bought it. This amp could take a sledge hammer (though recommended not to try). This amp was built to last

The mesa Triple Rectifier I bought is a 2006. The only actual reason I needed this amp was because it's uber loud, the distortion is like no other, and the punch on it feels like I've been kicked in the chest by a kangaroo. The the three settings on the two distortion channals (raw, Vintage, and modern) get what ever distortion needed. Hendrix, AC/DC, Metallica, whatever! With 6 preamp tubes and 3 recto tubes, you can't walk away from this amp.

dale-banez
    "My only comlaint is that it doesnt have reverb which is ok bc I dont play and emo shit or magic metal or w/e." guess Slash is emo then...
    metaldier
    I saw a mates triple recto and another's dual, and the triple has 15 tubes whereas the dual, 5. Something like that lol. Fucking crazy
    stafford5150
    hi, most of you guys seem to know what you are talking about apart from the guy who wrote that really sh*t review, but im looking to get a mesa boogie dual or triple rectifier, what would you guys have said is the way to go? considering price/value for money. thanks
    LRZ3333
    Just get what you like dammit! Who cares what people think! It's all about YOUR SOUND right???? Your money, your taste, your decision. Try out amps and choose one that sounds good to you and is reliable. People talk too much sh*t these days!
    kurtshapedbox
    DareBear02 wrote: [quoteok A) kranks are horrible... tey have thin solid state distortion.... ]
    Dude, I love metal, I play metal and you can't knock off an Amp that ONLY MAKES TUBES and was USED BY DIME BAG DARRELL...[/quote] Man, personally, I think that Krank's are the least versatile amps i've ever played. They're made for getting good distortion for metal, but to me it does sound very very thin. I had one break down on me when i was simply trying it out at a guitar store. It was pathetic. Hell, look at the bands that use to endorse krank, Behemoth, Nevermore, and Arch Enemy. Behemoth never liked Krank in the first place and didnt even use them on The Apostasy (th one album that Krank endoresed them on. Instead they used Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers and Bogners. Nevermore has already moved on after one album to ENGL. And Arch Enemy already dropped em and moved on to Randall. The only person I've ever seen stick with a Krank was Dimebag, and though he was a good guitarist by all means, I personally wasn't a big fan of his tone, it just sounded awkward.
    deafening
    some people are putting this amp down because they dont need all that BONE CRUSHING, LIFE SHATTERING power...WTF? Just cause you don't need all of it doesn't make the amp any worse, it makes YOU worse for not needing it. no not really, but the amp's gain is perfect, the clean is somewhat lacking, but works for me i love this machine
    DeathByStereo23
    metal jello wrote: MESA>KRANK MESA>RANDALL MESA>PEAVEY MESA>FENDER MESA IS AWESOME!!!!!
    MESA>FENDER MESA