AD30TC Combo review by Orange

Orange: AD30TC Combo

Price paid: $ 1900

Purchased from: jims

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio with stock pickups and it sounds great. I play anything from Death Cab to The Fall Of Troy, but nothing too br00t4lz past that. It's really great from Indie rock like arctic monkeys to doom metal like the sword. it's as if Orange modeled it after a Vox AC-30 but gave it more grit. Doesn't hiss when turned up. People seem to complain about Orange being a one trick pony and I dissagree because it cleans up really well and I can get many different clean and distorted sounds out of it with just the dry signal.

It fits my musical style which is centered around the Who, Zeppelin, The Fall Of Troy and Indie rock in general. If it were lost or stolen I would cry because I spent a lot of moneys on it. I love the distortion I get from it and the ability to get many different sounds out of it. The only issue I have with it is the amp that when I tried it out with other effects like delay it doesn't sound great because it doesn't have an effects loop. This amp isn't for everyone but if you play Indie or harder rock up to wolfmother/the fall of troy, buy it!

I have had it for about 3 months now and nothing has gone wrong. I would gig without a backup because nothing has gone wrong and I play with the volume up around 7-8 all the time (I have awesome neighbors). I gave it an 8 because I haven't had it that long.

This Orange AD30TC Combo is a 30 watt, Twin channel tube combo loaded with 2 Vintage celestion 30s. I bought this because it was not so boomy like the other Orange tend to be and had the right amount of gain I wanted. People might want an effects loop, but it doesn't bother me because I only use my Sunface BC-108 and Wattson Super Fuzz with it. I use it in my room and Jam with it a lot; it's plenty loud. Doesn't have too much headroom but that's not what Orange's are for! You gotta crank it!

CoreysMonster
    scimitar_255 wrote: 1900 for a 30 watt amp? :/ that doesn't seem right
    why not? it's a very awesome amp, and the wattage has nothing to do with its value
    kingbabyduck
    the only issue i have is my tubes becoming harmonic due to the heat and rattling, but almost every combo will have that problem.
    BlaketheHero
    Everyone who owns Orange tells me to buy Orange or go home. They all say "Yeah, it is expensive... but it is the shit..." I've heard recently that there are more issues with the combos then with the heads but that could just be a rumor.
    kingbabyduck
    i might add, my tubes went out within two months due to it being on the floor for a while, and I called orange and its free of charge for a new set of tubes
    kingbabyduck
    for some reason i did this review and it didnt put my info up but if anyone has questions, ill gladly answer
    raezor
    i have a fender blues junior and run my gibson les paul studio through it and i can get even metal tones out of it with my boss me-50
    Les Paul Ell
    come to England. We can get these amps a little cheaper. My local music store has the head for 550. That's about 300 cheaper than RRP though.
    kill it
    orange make great amps but they cost lots. if the price scares you try a fender blues junior with the jensen speaker upgrade. it's a great little tube amp and suprisingly loud for it's size. sweet clean sounds and enough gain for rock. with the right pedal you can even get a decent metal sound.
    maw4neu
    I have the AD30TC and it really is a great combo but I wish Id gone for the HEAD alone. Combo's are the arch enemy of every Valve. The valves are subjected to major sonic vibration from the Speakers. Heads are much more VALVE friendly . . BUT . . Whilst this is true you cant fault them or argue with the quality as they are exceptional. They are built like a tank and sing like a bird . . Keep your eye on your Valves though . . I keep a spare set. !!!!