Crush 10 review by Orange

Orange: Crush 10

Purchased from: Local Shop

The guitars I play through this amp are an Epiphone Les Paul, which has a stock neck pickup, and a DiMarzio AF Super Distortion on the bridge; and, a early '90s Japanese Squier Strat. The amp works well with both guitars, on both clean / dirty channels. On the Epi, I can switch from a bright, hollow blues sound, to a nasty, snarling Zeppelin tone with relative ease. The Orange really sounds great with the Strat, esp. with a slightly distorted Stones-style sound (Jumpin' Jack Flash, Brown Sugar, etc). If I were to say one thing about the sound, it would have to be that this little Orange does a convincing job of sounding less like a solid-state, and more like a little tube amp. It's very flexible in both clean and distorted settings.

I won't beat around the bush here, folks. This little Orange amp is a gem. Great sound, great looks, just a out-and-out cool rig. I don't often come across products that flat-out perform like this amp does. The Crush 10 amp is a natch for beginning guitarists, and will surely please the ear of many seasoned players as well. If you need a good practice amp, then look no further. Orange has the best one out there!

Oh yes, it's very reliable, I've sat on it, it's fallen off it's stand a few times, I've left it on for few days, I've played it full volume with all possible boosts on, I've spilled drinks on it, works still perfectly, it's as new. This has probably got to be one of the most reiable amps I have ever owned!

The Crush 10 is a single channel 10W solid-state combo amp, with a three separate equalization controls (low, mid, high), a master volume control, and two separate gain controls. It also has a headphone out jack, which mutes the speaker when the headphones are plugged in. I bought this little amp mainly for practicing, and for that duty, it is very well suited. I suppose you could mike it if you really dug the sound that much, but for me, it's just an "office" unit, I got sick of hauling my big amp upstairs just to monkey around on the guitar a bit. The amp's sound controls are simple to figure out, and easy to adjust. The aesthetics of the unit are hard to resist, cool Orange case, vintage-style grill covering, neat-o Orange medallion. Best part of all is that the amp lives up to its legendary heritage. The sounds that you can procure from this little rig are downright amazing! When I started playing back in '83, I had a Peavey Decade 10 practice amp, which compared to this Orange amp, sounded like a cheesy AM transistor radio. My, things have certainly come a long way since then.

vulgarmachine
    Der Bomber wrote: Isn't there a smaller one out there? Like a mini-crush or something?
    Yeah its called the micro crush- its rated at 5 watts
    j-boy199
    ^ me too lol was thinking of buying a marshall, but i read a few reviews and turned away lol