Crush 10 review by Orange

Orange: Crush 10

Purchased from: Ebay

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and my favourite pickup styles is just the humbucker on it's own and 2 single coils. I control the sound via my Zoom G2 and the distortion sounds great and I can get some really nice cleans. I know this sounds shallow but the main reason I love this amp is because of it's looks, it is one hell of a sexy looking amp. It is noisy when I put the gain on full but that is to be expected. The distorion is T3H Br007a1z but that's through my effects box, I have never used the natural distortion of the amp.

This amp matches my style very well. I can get a very nice saturated blues tone out of it as well as a nice tone for classical playing. I can also get some nice distortion out of it and the 2 gain controls seems unique. I have been playing for 5 months and I own a Watson XL15 and a Zoom G2 and a Yamaha F-310 and a Yamaha Pacifica 112. If this were lost or stolen I wouldn't buy another one. I would probably go back to using my Watson amp and save for a decent tube combo. I love the sound and the look of this amp but I hate the problem with the jack, I suspect it just need resoldering but I can't be bothered to resolder it. My favourite feature on it is looks (seriously) and I have compared it to a Squire SP-10 which is a nasty little amp and in comparison to this amp it sounds like a pair of poundland speakers. I also compared it to my Watson XL15 and it sounds much better but it doesn't go as loud. Overall a good amp.

I definitely wouldn't use this at a gig as the input jack is very temperamental and cuts out from the vibrations sometimes, this happening in a gig would be death! The amp seems quite durable but I wouldn't knock it about too much. I suspect the problem with the jack is just that it isn't soldered properly but opening up the amp and fiddling around is the last thing I want to do as I would probably break it completely, and then I would cry.

I have no idea what year the amp was made in but I know that it is 10w, very Orange and has a 6.5" speaker which admittedly makes it sound a bit boxy but for bedroom practice that is fine. My old watson amp was 15w and had a 8" speaker and it still didn't sound as good as this so quality over size. It has 1 channel and no effects such as reverb and just a few dials so there are no effects I don't use. It is solid state, the back is closed and the front is ported and has 2 gain controls for some reason!