Crush 10 review by Orange

Orange: Crush 10

Purchased from: Local guitar shop

Although relatively basic, the Crush 10 delivers fantastic tone and as far as practice amps in this price bracket go it's the best I've used to date. I play my Epiphone Special II through my Ibanez TS7 and Behringer UC200 hooked up to the Crush 10 and it has never delivered less than sweet clean tone, warm chorus and really meaty distortion. I keep the onboard 3 band EQ set midway for that clean sound but I have tinkered with the settings and you can get some really lovely sound variants if you play around. I've not had any problems with distortion at high volumes. If there's a knob for it, the Crush 10 can handle it. The built-in overdrive is seriously loud, though. Crank it up for those window rattling riffs. A little more variety in the EQ depatment would be nice but for a 10w amp this is the business.

I play a little of anything from Indie, ballads, metal and classic rock and this amp copes with all beautifully. If it were lost/stolen/destroyed I probaly wouldn't buy another one, I'd upgrade to a 15 or even a 30 watt Crush. I'm completely sold on Orange Crush amps now and compared to the old 10w Marshall I had years ago the Crush 10 is in a different league. It's basic, true, but for it's price I'd have to say it's unbeatable.

My amp dosen't really recieve any punishment so I cannot attest to its durability but it has a really solid construction that seems like it will last a lifetime. I've not had my Crush 10 for a too long so it's still perfect but the only drawback I can see emerging is that the bright Orange finish will look cheap and awful if damaged (as apposed to looking a bit worn and well used) but apart from that I'd give it top marks.

This sinlge channel 10watt solid state amp comes with dual gain control, master volume, 3 band eq, headphone output and 6" speaker. I use this amp in my flat and it is more than up to the task whether I'm just having a quiet practice late at night or really ripping into it for hours at a time. It comes in the trademark day-glo Orange finish with wicker-style speaker cover and retro Orange emblem. Very stylish.

zekemeister
    guy_tebache
    vulgarmachine : Der Bomber wrote: Isn't there a smaller one out there? Like a mini-crush or something? Yeah its called the micro crush- its rated at 5 watts
    Its actually 3 Watts. I was looking at them today.
    pag_slash_2
    zekemeister wrote: i might buy this amp tomm, but im still thinkin about just getting a marshall, but i like this one too =)
    Marshall MG? Get the Orange
    :..*lazy*..: wrote: how heavy is this thing?
    It's not heavy.... don't know exactly how not heavy. It's weight might be on their website Thats my service for the community for today