Crush 10 review by Orange

Orange: Crush 10

Price paid: £ 59.99

Purchased from: Guitar, amp and Keyboard Center

I'm using this amp with an HH coiltapped setup on my guitar with a fixed bridge. It suits most music styles as it is quite versatile, the distortion isnt great though. I have recently realised if I put gain 1 and gain 2 up to max (10) then you get that high pitched feedback. It never used to do that before. It suits my blues and classic rock quite well. It can do OK cleans and OK distortions, this amp would be good for a beginner like I was 3/4 years ago when I bought it. The distortion isnt too brutal. The clean channel gets distorted if you have it too high.

I play Blues, classic rock, grunge and light metal (Metallica etc.) with a Cort KX5, and a bunch of effects. I have been playing for 6 years, but for the first four years I was just playing chords. There wasn't much else I could have asked for at the time since I was only 9 years old. I wish it had an overdrive/distortion button not just gain controls. I love the design of the amp, I think it looks really original. If it were to be stolen or lost I would not buy it again since I need something bigger, better, with more effects. I like this amp and would definately reccomend it to beginning players.

I can just about depend on it, I might not use it at a gig because it isnt very loud, the amp has never broken down on me, it has always been pretty reliable. I quite like this amp though, and will probably keep it for a long time. I have never "Neglected it" So with a bit of care it would last a long time.

The amp has been very versatile to me over the 3/4 years I have had it, although I am looking to upgrade now. It has one channel, 1 input, and one headphone socket, the controls are High, Middle, Low, Master, Gain 1, Gain 2. No overdrive Switch, You just have to use the gain controls. At the moment it doesnt't have enough power for band practising, our drummer has said he can't hear the amp very well. I Play Blues, Classic rock and light metal, and it is allright for all of those. Although even when my guitar is on the coil, it still doesnt't sound very clean through the amp.

miketrigs93
    TimBFMV
    miketrigs93 wrote: how can you give this thing 10s for god sake? look at what guitars they're using! Epiphone LP special II? please...
    I am now using a 1986 Fender Jap Strat with it, and it still sounds amazing.
    cscissorhands
    there is sort of a general rule in regards to the guitar thing; good amp can make a decent to shabby guitar sound good, but a bad amp can make an amazing guitar sound terrible
    trivium036
    i love this amp, my dad has it and i really want to steal it from him 0_0 owns the shit out of my line 6 spider