Crush 15 review by Orange

• Reviewer's score: 1.8 Junky
Orange: Crush 15

Purchased from: schmidt

I started out using this amp with a Fender strat. Then after I got better, I upgraded to a B.C. Rich Warlock NJ series. the amp couldnt even create a decent sound with the Fender. It can get loud enough to give you a headache from how bad it sounds, and the distortion if you can even call it distortion sucks.

No matter what kind of music you play I do not suggest this amp for anyone. I've been playing for 7 years and I own a variety of practice amps and stage amps, along with a couple dozen guitars and everything has completely crushed that amp. If this amp were stolen I would feel bad for the person who stole it honestly.

I had this amp for about 4 months and it stayed it decent shape, but after I got a new amp, the Orange just started going downhill. It wouldn't turn on for about 5 minutes after you flipped the Switch on. Then it just decided to stop working all together after about 6 months. And I'm almost 100% sure there has been no physical damage to it.

I'm not quite sure what year it was made in but I'm pretty sure it's from around 2006. Personally, to me the amp sucked. I'm play everything ranging from BB king to Metallica and that amp couldnt keep up with anything. All it has is Master volume, volume, level, a gain switch (that has no change to the sound at all) and that's pretty much it. This is mainly a practice amp for a beginner. But I think even a beginner deserves a better amp than this.

jordy-77
    rattleheadxvi
    jordy-77 wrote: "I started out using this amp with a Fender strat. Then after I got better, I upgraded to a B.C. Rich Warlock NJ series." Um. You downgraded not upgraded.
    HA HA HA
    RHCP_Nirvana_FF
    the second review the cuy says: 'All it has is Master volume, volume, level, a gain switch' is this guy reviewing another orange amp why doesnt he mention EQ?
    Fash
    okay, how the hell is it possible that one guy gives it straight 10's and one guy gives it straight 1's either one of them is REALLY overreacting...
    Tenacious Z
    I played one in the store today, and the overdrive/gain sounded extremely anemic. Cranked all the way, the clean tone of the guitar was still overpowering it, the gain sounded like background fuzz. The guy at the store told me all the 15s were like that, but I think they just had bad luck with busted models. There's no way they'd intentionally produce amps taht sounded like that.
    cinnamonITFC
    quick question - would you say this amp is better than a marshall MG-CDR15 practise amp?
    gsuSchecPlayer
    Skirvy wrote: everything is better than an MG
    ... except an Orange, I had this exact amp and it just plain sucks. If your just starting to play it's an OK amp, better than the ones that come in those little starter packs but that's about it.