Crush 15 review by Orange

• Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Orange: Crush 15

Purchased from: The Music Room (Rome, GA, US)

I played this amp through a Schecter C1 Hellraiser with EMGs. The distortion is OK but it really doesn't get heavy enough for my liking, the clean channel is a little muddy and not anywhere near as good as that on a Fender Frontman. If you try to turn the volume up past about 8 it starts giving a lot of feedback. If you try to go above about halfway with the gain it just sounds God-awful and that's putting it nicely.

I play a little bit of everything but I've been playing a lot more metal lately. This amp just barely got the job done for a while but that's about it. Now it's just junk. My roomate's Crate amp has about the same specs ($100, 15W, 8-ish inch speaker) and sounds much better... he's also had it over 2 years and it hasn't broken yet.

It's a total piece of garbage. I've had it a little more than 6 months and for some reason it's starting to get this really nasty warbled buzzing sound on both channels. It's so bad the clean channel sounds like the distorted one and the distorted one just sounds like crap now.

Clean and Overdrive channels, 15W, 8" speaker (I think). Headphone jack. Hideous Orange color. Closed back so you can't put things like cables, picks, and capos back there. it's an ok first amp for someone trying to find their style, good for practice because you can't play it loud enough to Drive everyone nuts. Considering the price it has a good amount of features.

raymo39
    jordy-77 wrote: "I started out using this amp with a Fender strat. Then after I got better, I upgraded to a B.C. Rich Warlock NJ series." Um. You downgraded not upgraded.
    HAHAH SO UNBELIEVABLY TRUE!!! thats an insult to fender in so many ways