Crush 15 review by Orange

Orange: Crush 15

Price paid: € 60

Purchased from: other musician

This amp has great clean tone, but also has nice distortion and overdrive. I am using it with my Squier Bullet HSS, and am liking what I hear. It suits my style, which is some light (alt) rock and pop. It is noisy when on, which is not a problem. If put onto extreme reverb and/or distortion, it also acts up a little, but this is logical. For the rest, the amp sounds great for what you pay for it (around $100 new), and sounds fine with my Squier guitar.

I like many types of music, so this amp is a great match. Like my Squier, it does almost any style. I have been using my guitar and amp for nearly four months, which is also how long I have been playing electric guitar. I have played Acoustic guitar since I was 11. If it was stolen/lost, I would buy this amp again if it was available, depending on how much cash I had as well. If I had enough money, I would probably look for another amp, maybe one of its bigger brothers.

This amp is solid and hard to break. For my school's talent show, I used it without a backup, as I don't have the money to buy one yet. It is loud enough for that (100-200 people). It would take a lot before this amp would need servicing. This amp would have problems only if you deliberately bulldozed it.

The amp I own has reverb built into it as well as the usual distortion and overdrive that CR15 amps have to offer. I decided to buy myself an electric guitar a few months ago, and have played Acoustic guitar more often, so I am still exploring the world of effects. I like the fact that it has a headphone jack. For now, it is an ideal practice amp. Reverb, distortion, overdrive, 3-way EQ, master, gain, level, volume, distortion button, headphone jack, footswitchable (according to Orange). Have yet to find out which function the footswitch selects.

Smart Patrol
    Mine has reverb and drive. I like the reverb. The drive could be better, specially if there was a footswitch jack. I cant write a review yet, since Im still going to play it loud. But I already know its very powerful for its size.
    dazebook
    This amp is a good amp. You buy Orange for Orange. It has it's sound. I play an SG through it and it responds to your picking almost like a tube amp, and you can fix any tonal sounds with the high/mid/low tone knobs and it has a good variety of sounds. If it crackles and breaks up, it's 15w not 30w. You can't expect this level of amp from any Brand to be a beast. You probably only play with the volume at 10 on your axe too.. go play a fender with a fender amp. Play anything with meat through an Orange.