Crush 15 review by Orange

Orange: Crush 15

I play anything from Cream/Zeppelin classic rock to Coheed and Cambria to heavy blues, like The Black Keys. This amp would sound amazing for most rock style guitar from Kings of Leon to The Parlor Mob. It has a definitive sound and isn't like any other amp in the 100 dollar price range. It is solid state so it doesn't have the depth and growling volume of a tube amp, but it's a practice amp. It's not a half stack or a 30watt small gig amp. However I think it would sound just as good mic'd through a PA. It can be massive for it's small size though really. The clean is clear and bright, and the overdrive channel can be anywhere from fizzy to crunchy depending on how you tweak the tones from you guitar and this little beauty. It sounds like a solid state amp. If you want a little more, get a 5-15 watt tube amp, such as the Epiphone Blues Jr Combo, and you'll pay a little more. However as far as solid state, marshall, peavey, Crate etc... this is way more than top of the line.

You can't say much more than it's a sweet ride. Enjoy it. For the money you can't get better. Comparable in my opinion to the Fender Mustang I. You do not get all the modeling software and bells and whistles, but that stuff just confuses some people anyway. :) I use Amplitube for iphone through an iRig so I didn't need the modeling software or recording ability of the usb port. So I bought this gem. Kinda would've been overkill to me. It's all useful but if you want to look at your practice amp and say "Wow, I feel like Eric Clapton but not really as good as Eric Clapton and maybe if I was shorter..." Than this amp is it. Seriously though, It's well built, has amazing sound, top of the line for solid state in my opinion, and if it just had a footswitch.. I'd marry it.

It's solid. Durable. More than just playable. This amp has a nice heavy construction, surprising for a small practice amp. The tweed style grill is tough and doesn't feel like "If I just pushed hard enough I could pop it like a Twinkie". The knobs and back and cord are all extremely well built. I have owned other amps in this price range from marshall, peavey, crate... none of them compare to this level of quality in the slightest.

Wow. 15W watts. 8 inches of sweet love. It's not the size that matters. It's how you use it. I have the non reverb model. It has 3 band eq, and master, level and volume. It smokes a nice clean channel and an oh so dirty channel. The only thing that makes this not the perfect amp in all of 15 watt creation is the lack of a footswitch. GODS BE DAMNED!