Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

I'm going to say this before hand - metal heads, this amp is not for you. This amp is perfect for my style of music. I use a PRS SE Soapbar II and a DigiTech GNX2, a Boss CT-2 pedal and a DS-1 amp wise I do have a Marshall AVT50. It does not get metal heavy like my Marshall but I did not buy it for that style of music. This amp does not have that much diversity it's the basic clean/overdrive. The distortion is rather warm for a solid state amp but I like my distortion warm. The distortion isnt as brutal as my Marshall sound-wise it's not quite as bottom heavy like my Marshall but it's definitely got the better clean channel (I mean common Marshalls are known for their distortion) but I like the distortion! It gives my unique chord voicings more of a warm unique feeling and sound. If you want a specific sound for a specific genre (besides metal) this thing can go from Ike & Tina Tuner to Stevie Wonder to The Mars Volta and to Underoath.

For the type of music I do play (progressive, emo, post hardocre, jazz & blues) it is definitely right for me. I've been playing guitar for 5 years bass for 6 and piano for 7. I was attracted to this amp because I noticed two of my favorite bands (The Mars Volta, & Underoath uses this amp among many others). Soundwise it stood out from everything else. I love the fact that I can go from bluesly (Buddy Guy) type music to progressive rock (The Mars Volta, Coheed & Cambria) to balls to the wall screamo (Poison The Well, Underoath & The Used) the only thing I dont like about this amp is it's a bit smaller then expected. I can compare this to a Marshall AVT20 and for the money and overall sound quality the Orange Crush 30R would win (it lost in the distortion area only by a slight percent but again Marshalls are known for there distortions). Sound-wise it's not quite as bottom heavy but it's definitely got the better clean channel (I mean common Marshalls are known for distortion). So if you do happen to find one of these and you need or want a great practice amp or a amp for small venues (you'd have to mic it though). If it were stolen I would hunt down the asshole who stole it force him to listen to an Ashlee Simpson CD and then proceed to making him watch the Exorcist II and then beat the crap out of him. But anyways yea buy this amp you wont regret it.

Well this thing seems like it would be good for small gigs and I don't think it would break but I haven't road tested it yet so I really can't answer that. But so far in rehearsals with my band this amp seems like it can a beating and then some.

30 watts of solid state power, hi/low inputs, channel switching (clean to gain), headphone jack, bass/mid/treble controls, and Reverb. No extension speaker output, which is a bummer. I'd love to hear this cranked through a 2x12 or 4x12 cabinet.