Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

In all honesty this is probably one of the best sounding solid state amps you can buy. This amp can go from beautiful clean sounds to overall brutal distortion (not metal distortion I don't think this amp is suited for that kind of distortion). This amp seems to take a lot of sound qualities from it's peers but in a more solid state way. The clean sounds like the AD series and the distortion is very akin to the rockerverb. I use my PRS SE Soapbar II and sometimes I use an Aby box to run it and my Marshall together (another great fusion of sound). This thing isnt noisy at all but at the same time I do wonder is this truely a 30 watt amp because it definitely sounds way louder then that. But yea this amp suits my needs pretty well. Like I've stated before this amp can go from Stevie Wonder to From First To Last and to Kanye West if you wanted to.

Well I've been playing for close to 6 years now I play pretty much play everything from rock to jazz artist/bands that I like are Miles Davis, The Mars Volta, Underoath, From First To Last, Incubus, Erykah Badu & Kanye West (there's far too many more to name) but anyways this amp definitely suits my style. I do have a Marshall AVT50 and to be honest this amp sounds way better then my Marshall and it's at a fraction of the price. I just love the overall sound from my Orange. I felt like this amp was made for me. I don't think I hate anything about this amp I just wish it was a little bigger. If it were stolen I would be highly pissed and if I were to ever find the person who stole it I would subject them to listening to Good Charlotte and watching old Will Farrell movies (I know that is very cruel and unusal punishment but hey I love this amp).

I haven't gigged with it yet but from my band rehearsals I can tell I will definitely be using the Orange Marshall fusion I have going on. I think this amp could handle small gigs but I don't think it can handle stadium or very big venues but then again it wasn't designed for that. According to Orange this thing wont break at least not for a very long time so I would like to believe that.

This is your basic 30 watt combo amp, solid state, 10" speaker, 2 inputs, headphone jack, no effects loop and and output for a PA system. If you hadnt guessed it yet this amp is Orange! This amp seems to suit most genres except metal (sorry metal heads this isn't an amp for you). If you don't believe me just go to Orange's artist page and check out all the artist that uses them, basically it can go from Stevie Wonder to From First To Last! I do wish this amp had more wattage and a 12 inch speaker and that it came with a footswitch (you have to buy that seperately which sucks) but for the price I paid I shouldn't complain!

Ace Frehley
    I'm really thinking of buying it.It has a good price,and as i read from all the reviews on the net it has the best clean sound from almost any other.As for the distortion I'm not that bothered cause I'm using my Hot Head pedal which has it's own.
    ninjaboy9
    this amp is amazing i got one for christmas and i lurve it almost as much as i love my guitar itself
    Vertigo-fly
    This amp is awesome, bought this not so long ago but it is so loud for a 30. Sound is soo clear and with the right sound and guitar, one of the best studio amps you can buy
    **Coldplay**
    You have to go to your Local Music store and ask them about shipping it in or if they have any. They are hand made and shipped from London.
    rokrdude
    ok go to humbuckermusic.com and you'll find it for 200$ and if you live in GA you should get it in about 2 days on standard shipping... don't even worry about the footswitch, because even with a balanced cable the light doesn't work. whoevr said this isn't an amp for metalheads is wrong as hek this thing cranks out some sik distortion, but the roker 30 has more(but thats probably out of your budget or you already have a head), the reverb is VERY strong and sounds good (i even like it and im not a reverb person)if you are looking for just a practice amp this is it, or go for the 10 watt, because it has a wee bit more gain. oh by the way i do own this and if you think about buying it or any orange for that matter and don't you should die... it might sound lke im on a user high, but ive had this thing since september, and it even makes my 150$ epi sg scream, in conclusion if you have 200 $ for an amp right now BUY IT!!
    hezz05
    So, I went ahead to buy the Orange 30R. It's my first amplifier ever, so I might not be in the best position to give advise. I really do enjoy it though, I really prefer the sound to that of my friends 300 Fender amp which has all kinds of spiffy DSP effects built-in. It's really a stark contrast to the clean and overdrive-only effecs of the 30R, but it's really all you need actually. Having a good clean sound is what mattered most to me, add a little overdrive for some break-out or even more for a Bluesy or Southern tone. Other effects are better left over to pedals etc. Anyhow, Orange has a satisfied overhere!
    jeromeo12
    clean sound is great. hopefully this can hold me until i have enough money for a real english made orange!