Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

I play all types of styles, like rock, classic rock, metal, jazz, surf rock, punk, classical, and alternative, and this amp is great for most of them. For metal, you will want an overdrive or a distortion pedal to boost the sound for metal. I do wish that this amp had an external speaker jack. I would have loved that. This amp has a sweet beautiful clean channel, and a very sweet overdrive channel. The clean is good for Jazz, funk, rock, etc. The overdrive channel is great for classic rock stuff, like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, CCR, The White Stripes, The Who, Pink Floyd, etc. The amp in general is not very noisy (as in background noise) but for 30 watts it is loud! Probably the loudest 30 watt amp I've ever heard! It is good for practicing, jamming with the band, and even some Live work. For me, I have three 4x12 Orange Cabinets. I connect my amp to a power amp through the line out, and the 3 cabs are connected to the power amplifier. That makes a killer setup for Live shows. With about 2000 Watts of power.

I got this amp as a 16th birthday gift from my girlfriend and my best friend together. They both signed the back, so I am never ever going to sell this amp OR get rid of it. This is the amp I am going to be using forever. I absolutely love the setup I have going on right now. I use just the amp for practicing, small gigs/shows and jamming, and then my external amp setup for big live work. I have never heard a 30 Watt solid state amp sound as beautiiful and smooth like my Orange Crush! I remember when I first saw this amp and played through it in my local music shop, I loved it! And now, thanks to you two, Solana and Matthew, I have the amp I love!

This amp has never gone bad on me. I can totally rely on this amp for my shows and for practicing. It's good, it's loud. I think the only problem I would worry about having with it would be blowing the 10" speaker. But not when I'm hooked up to my nice live Setup! Maybe sometime in the future, I may Switch out the stock speaker for a more powerful 10" speaker.

Standard 3-Band EQ Controls, 2 channels-clean and overdrive, reverb, line out, headphone jack, 2 inputs, 30 watts of power (sure sounds like a lot more). Footswitch jack for channel Switching. This amp is one of the nicest solid state amps I've ever used and owned.

Shredy_Mc_shred
    TheBlackKey9 wrote: Hey Karrde, at least we have better guitars than you stuck up brits.
    In britain we can get all the makes sold in america you idiot.
    I didnt like this amp at all.You turn the highs all the way up,you turn the mids up abit,even the lows down but its still muffed as shit.
    soupdragon
    Got this amp in May, replacement for my Marshall MG30 (real awfull sound)and it sounds great with my ibanez JTK2, and then i got a fender telecaster and it sounds so amazing with that... bright tone, great forfunk an stuff, great amp.
    The Spoon
    I was considering buying this or roland cube 30x. i got the cube, but this was a nice amp
    phoenix_crush
    this is an awesome amp. with a good overdrive or distortion pedal you can play metal easily. If you want to buy it online the seller milkmanmusicgear on ebay. thats wear i got mine
    k2pblcnme
    facemelter5000 wrote: Haha you get it "Orange Crush"? R.E.M.? I thought it was funny
    Or the soda you moron...