Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

Price paid: C$ 270

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Right now I'm using my Gibson Classic Antique LTD ED. Zebrawood with original PUPs and everything, running through a Crybaby Wah, nothing special. I play all kinds of music, but my preferred tuning is Drop C#, which really makes this amp throaty and thick. It can be noisy if it is on OD near a lot of lights and other electrical noise, but nothing you can't deal with by grounding it better. This amp covers pretty much all the sounds from the 50's to the early 90's with out a problem. The clean channel does a good job of not getting mudded together at high volumes, and with lots of OD you can get some pretty sweet feedback.

This is a great amp for what I'm playing right now, and I like it much more than my more expensive Line 6 Spider III 75w amp. I've been playing for a couple years, and I've owned several Gibson's and Fender's. I also own a Wah and a Chromatic tuner, nothing fancy. I don't like to over do it on the effects. I wish I had asked for a footswitch before I bought it, because having to press down the button while playing is a pain in the butt. If it were stolen or lossed I'd probably buy another one. I have nothing bad to say about this amp, it's a great deal for the money.

I could count on this thing not to break, it's an Solid State and it has a good housing. So far the only problem I've had with it is that the AC outlet on the back was a little bent, so it would turn on and off. I fixed it by bending the prongs back into position with a pair of pliers, and haven't had a problem since.

This SS combo amp was made in 2008. I use this as a practice amp so versatility is key. I usually play hard rock mixed, but I'll play the Beatles all the way to Black Sabbath and 80's metal. This amp is great for all thoughts styles, but not for Death Metal etc. This could easily be corrected with a pedal. It has two inputs (High, Low), a head phone jack, and a footswitch jack. The effect loop is in the back of the amp on the bottom. The only thing I wish it came with was the footswitch, which is sold separately. It has plenty of power for what is is made for, and I wouldn't be afraid to use it for recording and small gigs.