Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

Price paid: C$ 283

Purchased from: Axe Music

I play a Dean VX through and Morley Bad Horsie II and Seymour Duncan Lava Box. This amp is great for when I am playing older stuff like Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple and isn't terribly bad for some lighter moderen rock(RCHP, Jet, Green Day) but when I try to play like RATM or Tool through it the Gain just doesn't cut it so if you buy this amp make sure you have some sort of overdrive pedal to give it a boost. There isn't any noise or hum that really bugs me coming from this amp on either channel really even the overdrive channel. This amp is basicaly a great classic rock amp to me but it is pretty limited with just the reverb being the thing to really mess around with on this amp. The clean channel is pretty good at high volumes though I don't really give it much use. Like I said before this amp has the distortion or a little girl(if that makes sense).

My style isn't really diverse but this amp can't handle it without backup so if you play the more harder alternative stuff you should check out a different amp or have a good distortion pedal with you (my friend tried his Boss D-1 through it and it sounded like trash so make sure it is really a good one). I would recommend getting the footswitch with this cause the button on it to change channels is so tiny it might cause problems at a gig. If lost or stolen I would get a different amp but that's just cause my styler dffiers a little from this amp but if you like to play Hendrix this amp is made for you. I compared this with a peavy Vypyr and Cube 30 and in the end really didn't need all the extra effects and all the tube amps in my price range were to small for me to Jam with my friends so I went with this plus I like my guitar rig to be a little different than most people with there LTD plus Roland Cube setup.

I haven't played any shows yet but I think this amp could be able to do a small show but it is only 30W so nothing too huge thought the Orange cabnit it a beast I have dropped this thing twice an nothing has happened to it plus it's bright Orange so it looks badass too. I haven't had it long enough for it to break down yet but there's nothing indcating it's going to die anytime soon so it seems to be a pretty soild amp to me.

Made in 2008. I play mostly Hard rock like Queens Of The Stone Age and Tool and though this is amp is great it has no distortion but my Seymour Duncan Lava Box fixs that problem. It has 2 footswitchable channels and and line out and head pho jack and a wierd input called 'overdrive pedal' and your basic 3 band EQ and Reverb control which I think sounds great. This amp is soild state.

Harrisfun
    Der Bomber : where can you buy this? I can't find it on neither musiciansfriend or GC. go to the website and you can find dealers I love this amp! the distortion is great, the clean is amazing! best amp ive ever heard!
    Garf72
    lao123
    Freedomer wrote: Yeah or which of these: Roland cube 20x Marshall mg15fx Or this Crush. I really think that Orange would be best because its 30 watts and I can add pedal to it later if I need!
    The Crush I reckon. The Cube is a good amp, better if you want heavy metal, etc, but if you are even looking at this and read the reviews I guess it ain't your thing. And the Marshall MG series are plain crap.
    Wild_Rose
    thanks, I had the same questions about those 3 AND the Fender Frontman 25R! I want to get a Gibson Les Paul Studio and I hope the Orange is good!
    Grif22
    Garf72
    Grif22 wrote: Garf72 wrote: is anyone able to tell me what the over drive pedal input thing does? i really have no idea and its annoying the crap out me You plug a footswitch in there to turn the Overdrive ON or OFF instead of pressing that little button ontop of the amp.
    ah thanks man, its been bugging me since i actually got the amp. whats wrong with just calling it a footswitch input?
    bugtown
    I find playing anything with much bass on this amp will make the metal plate at the back vibrate, playing loud I can barely hear it, but if I'm playing quietly it's pretty annoying. Other than that it's fantastic, reverb sounds great on this