Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

Purchased from: humbucker music

I'm using a stock Gibson Flying V Faded, an Epiphone Riviera P93 with Gibson P90's and a stock Fender Highway One telecaster mainly. I play about everything, but mainly british Indie rock and so. For that style is perfect, but I think where this amp really shines is on blues. Light overdrive and it sounds fantastic. It's a very quiet amp, and the clean channel is very transparent, it handles my effects flawlessly. Metal heads, this amp is not for you, the distortion is very good with the gain turned almost all the way up, the overdrive like at 1 o' clock and the volume at 12 o' clock, but its a hard rock distortion, its not even close to metal distortion. Leaving metal aside, It is a very verstile amp, it5 can handle nearly anything else.

I've been playing for 6 years now, if it were stolen I would buy a Rocker 30 combo, and I certainly miss this one, don't get me wrong it's a great amp, in fact I think it's the best amp in it's price range and may surpass some more expensive ones, but now I'm more serious with my playing, that's why I would upgrade. I love the looks of this one, it really stands out, if you're on a low budget, and need an amp for practising or small gigs go with this one, I love mine, its so smooth and beautiful, and such a bang for the buck.

It's a very solid amp, the back is half metal half wood, I think the cabinet is made of plywood, but is hard enough to worry. My only complain is that the power plug could be placed on a more strategical position, it's very fragile hanging horizontally on the back. Although I've never have problems with it, it's a thing to keep an eye on.

Probably a 2006/2007, it has high and low inputs, clean and overdrive channels, three band EQ, reverb and a headphone jack. I use this amp mainly in my house and in small practices, it's loud enough to be heard over drums, many people have pointed that it's to loud to be a 30 watt amp. Solid state obviously.

maisey ferret
    This amp is fine for gig situation. You don't need a 200watt amp to be heard over a drum kit. I can say with confidence that the majority of venues have PA systems so your amp will be mic'd up. I gig this amp hard and its perfect! Great tone and volume. Only really have it on 6 for gigging purely because a mic gets chucked in front of it and you don't want to overload the mic! I just wish people would realise LOUDER DOESN'T MEAN BETTER.