Crush 30R review by Orange

Orange: Crush 30R

Purchased from: craigslist

I run an American Tele, Gibson SG Standard and Ibanez Artcore AS73 through it. I mostly play through various tube amps and keep the Crush 15 & 30 as practice amps. This has become my main amp for smaller venues. The only effect I use on it is an Electro Harmonix LPB-1 at the 12 o'clock position on the clean channel with the mids scooped and the gain and level all the way up and volume around 10-11. I was blown away at the breakup and sound I get at this level and is has that classic rock sound. It is a lot louder than I thought and plays like a tube amp almost. I'm amazed at the sound and volume I get with these settings and the better speaker. It looks a little beat up but people ask about it and how I get that sound out of it.

I never intended to use this for gigs but after the tone I got out of it and the fact I don't have to lug the heavy tube amps around I use it for almost everything. I haven't recorded with it yet but I run a splitter out of the end of my pedal board and stack the Crush 15 on the Crush 30 and run a line into both and that sounds really good.

Never had any problems with either Crush I have. This one was very worn and just needed a loving home and someone to take care of it. Its one of those amps that when I gig with it people give it a funny look and are in disbelief when I say I spent $25 bucks on it and threw in a $80 speaker.

someone was selling it on Craigslist for a whopping $25 so I bought it. I have the Crush 15r so I thought why not. It is a 2004 model and the grill cloth was pushed in. I fixed that and there was no other visible issues with it. I didn't like the stock speaker so I bought a Jensen 10" to put in it.

the_unforgiven6
    fazgaz# wrote: well im still not convinced....although i know orange amps cant be used for metal...how bout if they had a distortion/overdrive pedal connected..would it make a difference...and actually underoath use orange amps and they have a metal sound also or at a least a heavy sound..
    also, lee malia from Bring Me the Horizon uses only Orange amps and they are/were a deathcore band
    ISwanton
    i have the amp and these reviews sealed the deal but i do have one question when i go on the orange website it says the footswitch itsn't for the crush range so what do i do??
    BearCaveEcho
    Hahahahahahaha, I still don't see how this ISN'T a "Metal" amp... I played some heavy stuff on it just fine. Maybe not necessarily Slayer-Grade, but it fits my Stoner Metal budget just fine. And on the Orange 30 WITH the effects built in, the Reverb Hall+ Delay is just AMAZING. You can crank up the Overdrive all the way without making it sound like some cheap practice amp, and the gain can be controlled separately so it doesn't take over the amp. And it puts out volume just fine. I barely keep the volume at 1.5 (ish) so I don't rattle all the other guitars where I play it at (Guitar Center Platinum Room). But HOT DAMN. I'm not the quintessential "Big Gig" player, so anything that can be heard all through Guitar Center when at 10 is just fine. Need more gain (why would you want to mar the BEAUTIFUL sound of an Orange anyways?) Just get a goddamn pedal and stop bitching. Vox can't compare, Fender just falls a couple of inches short, and we ALL KNOW that Line 6 "Spiders" can't touch this. And don't say anything about Marshals. You just can't compare the two and get a straight answer.
    roland_96
    Great amp, just got it. Play it with my Big Muff Pi for some really cool sounding tones. I could really switch pretty easily from something like Funkadelic to The White Stripes to Black Flag. Amazing clean tone, love it.
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    Well...i got this for 75$ used...hahaha man how lucky am i? the dude needed the money fast and since there are no pawn shops here i got that amp... man does it rock...
    lapmoss
    i recently got one of these second hand but im a little dissapointed actually, my past experience of orange stuff is that it's all amazing but this is just a bit crap... it has this buzzing sound whenever i play like a screw has come loose or something. so yeah, not what i expected at all. although i it probably is just a one off