Crush 35LDX review by Orange

Orange: Crush 35LDX

Purchased from: ebay

The clean sound is great, and the fx sound better than any Line 6 I've heard lately. The overdrive channel is strictly that... overdrive. Don't expect to get a heavy sound out of this amplifier. With the overdrive and gain maxed out the best I could get is shrill highs and weak lows. In the near future I'm going to change out the speaker since the stock one is generic and feels "just thrown in so it'll work".

I play a lot of different styles from metal to Indie and the clean and fx work great. I had hoped this would have a good distortion but this was the only thing I was disappointed in. Nothing a good pedal can't fix anyway. If this were lost or stolen, I probably would get a Vox, some of those have better distortion channels.

As far as gigging I wouldn't know. I bought this simply for my own personal use. I am a bassist that happens to also play guitar. This suits its purpose for the most part. It seems pretty solid, no weird sounds or any failures to turn on yet. It's a great practice amp for home.

This amp is setup like most solid state combos, bass, treble, mid, volume, overdrive and gain. It also has 16 digital fx, line out, and a built in tuner. These amps look just like all other Orange amps which is a cool feature as well. I have the one in black.

themelodicdeathshow
    SilverRock113 wrote: Don't waste time and money, just get a tiny terror
    This would equal wasting more money tt and dt are junk.
    blenk
    slipknot_420 wrote: SilverRock113 wrote: Don't waste time and money, just get a tiny terror This would equal wasting more money tt and dt are junk.
    The dt is class what didnt you liek about it? not metal enough for you ?
    Cleftones
    I think these look good for the price.
    Can someone please elaborate? What are peoples views on Tiny Terrors?
    BearCaveEcho
    Cleftones
    BearCaveEcho wrote: Tiny Terrors are amazing. Who the hell said they were garbage? If anything, they're more quality than anything double it, because it has a nice warm tube sound that gives off badass vibes whichever style you play. For a 5w, it really does the job. Great sounding FX, the hall reverb+delay is my fav, crank that up to 6ish and you have some really trippy stuff going on. Back to this amp, it's quite good. I have to agree on the distortion, it doesn't do the metal job, but it was meant for another purpose.
    Tiny Terrors can be switched between 7 and 15 watts and only have a tone, volume and gain control yet cost 3x more than the 35LDX. I have a Tiny Terror combo running through an ME-70 so effects are no problem for me, just kind of annoying that a cheaper solid state comes with alot more.
    BearCaveEcho
    Yeah, but you gotta still know that a solid state could never pull off as great as tone on it. I mean, I think it's perfectly fine because I play some pretty crazy stuff that needs tonal clarity and un-processed gain, but you know, maybe people like Line 6's and stuff.... I'm not meaning that as an insult, btw.